DSWifi lib test 0.3

sgstair

HEy nice stuff.. didn't notice much difrence with the new version tho.. anyway i bet it's me.. i had a kewl feature tho.. HOT Spot Finder.. what it does is well easy... looks for open wifi spots that got WEPoff and tryes to connect with DHCP.. if it works. it makes a sound... this mode should be started when ou close the DS.. so no need to watch it.. as it's automatic.. also.. maybe some sort of not stoping the *Beep* untill u open and press the start key or something.. then u can have it on you while walking some where and just as u walk by that place to the pizza places.. it beeps and u can save it over one of the 3 WFC settings stored ;P no need messing with em again.. anyway.. hope you get my little idea.. think i'd be a kewl feature.. maybe it could work in the future if ur busy.. just my 2 cent..

Yeah, I get your idea, but this really isn't the purpose.. I'm sure someone else will write such an app once I've released the next lib though.

-Stephen

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEy nice stuff.. didn't notice much difrence with the new version tho.. anyway i bet it's me.. i had a kewl feature tho.. HOT Spot Finder.. what it does is well easy... looks for open wifi spots that got WEPoff and tryes to connect with DHCP.. if it works. it makes a sound... this mode should be started when ou close the DS.. so no need to watch it.. as it's automatic.. also.. maybe some sort of not stoping the *Beep* untill u open and press the start key or something.. then u can have it on you while walking some where and just as u walk by that place to the pizza places.. it beeps and u can save it over one of the 3 WFC settings stored ;P no need messing with em again.. anyway.. hope you get my little idea.. think i'd be a kewl feature.. maybe it could work in the future if ur busy.. just my 2 cent..

Keep in mind that the Wifilib test, as the name says, just

is something like a demo to test (and show) the features

of Wifilib.

As soon as the new Wifilib is out someone will work on something like

this for sure.

AWESOME! Great work sgstair. I hope, that you have the time to finish the new lib this weekend, because next week I am at the University again and there are so many access points :blink::);)

Just one question: Is it normal that the current test library don't get an IP address associated?

AWESOME! Great work sgstair. I hope, that you have the time to finish the new lib this weekend, because next week I am at the University again and there are so many access points :blink::);)

Just one question: Is it normal that the current test library don't get an IP address associated?

The current test library doesn't support DHCP to get an IP automaticly - this is coming soon though!

In the meantime - Outgoing TCP support has been added! see the first post for more information.

-Stephen

No, i mean also with a static IP. My router tells me, that the DS is connected but has no IP.

(P.s.: Seems, that you are getting faster with every release :blink: )

if you don't connect via DHCP, the router may not know the DS's IP - this is ok though, it's not necessary.

-Stephen

Good to know :)

Thank you.

By the way: is it possible to implement the backspace-button in the TCP-test, because without it it is nearly impossible to write a mail or even a correct http-request :(

Edited by FloFri

I tried connecting to google (and it seems I did), however I cant type "HTTP request"...

What am I supposed to do after giving the URL? I pressed CR several times, and when clicking on the Status, I see a whole bunch of Fs (more than I've ever gotten in all exams), then 2 lines with info

Here's what I did

I clicked on Tap to connect, automatically it typed google.com:80, so I pressed Ok, afterwards I have a black screen on top and TCP Conect test at the bottom

If I press CR, nothing happens.

I cant change text where it says google.com, if I press status, I see the Fs and a load of Hex numbers.

Do I remove local echo? Do I enable?

Help, I'm lost :)

Edit: Nevermind, I got it!

It really NEEDS backspace though :(

Edited by Nushio