DSWifi lib test 0.3

sgstair

Hi all,

There's an available version of the wifi lib test v0.3 at akkit.org/dswifi/wifi_lib_test_.nds

(Added by request: akkit.org/dswifi/wifi_lib_test_.ds.gba)

This is a work in progress, several menu items do not work, but they will all be filled in when the release is done.

At present:

* WEP works

* DNS works

* Outgoing TCP Works!

* incoming TCP is done, no test yet

* DHCP Lives!

* Connecting via WFC settings works!

and,

* packet capture option in menu doesn't work yet

Feel free to experiment and leave your feedback here. I'll be updating this thread when more features are added :P

In addition, I'll also be posting updates at a fairly new blog I've created. See blog.akkit.org

If you want to test TCP but don't have a telnet server to connect to or don't know how to construct a valid HTTP request....

To download the website from a web server, connect to a site and type the following in (without quotes):

"GET / HTTP/1.0" followed by tapping CR and CR

-Stephen

Edited by sgstair

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, will you pin this thread?  :D

By the way, I'm currious about the packet feature.. is it some sort of packetsniffer?

Yes, the packet capture option is a packet sniffer - I'm thinking about letting it write to a file on gbamp/etc too, but getting it working is the first priority :)

-Stephen

I think the main improvement next should be the signal strength....it should go to 0% when out of range because it confuses me when it stays and a certain percent

well, fact is it doesn't.. it does change eventually.. and Ive seen a few 0% accesspoints on mine before too.. its all about moving away from the AP, and give it a few seconds to update the speed.. yeah :D

I think the main improvement next should be the signal strength....it should go to 0% when out of range because it confuses me when it stays and a certain percent

well, fact is it doesn't.. it does change eventually.. and Ive seen a few 0% accesspoints on mine before too.. its all about moving away from the AP, and give it a few seconds to update the speed.. yeah :D

Actually this won't take much effort to add, I'll put it in the next version.

-Stephen

HEy nice stuff.. didn't notice much difrence with the new version tho.. anyway i bet it's me.. i had a kewl feature tho.. HOT Spot Finder.. what it does is well easy... looks for open wifi spots that got WEPoff and tryes to connect with DHCP.. if it works. it makes a sound... this mode should be started when ou close the DS.. so no need to watch it.. as it's automatic.. also.. maybe some sort of not stoping the *Beep* untill u open and press the start key or something.. then u can have it on you while walking some where and just as u walk by that place to the pizza places.. it beeps and u can save it over one of the 3 WFC settings stored ;P no need messing with em again.. anyway.. hope you get my little idea.. think i'd be a kewl feature.. maybe it could work in the future if ur busy.. just my 2 cent..