MAMEdOX Platium THREAD

BritneysPAIRS

turn on you favs and hit black and roms with disappear :shootem:. There are complications to let you choose your own roms which is why I have disabled the features. As stated 100 times this build works and has little to no issues. If you dont mind fixing everything yourself use Mamedox 1.1 or HK$ build this allows full rom control (you wont get a dat as I changed most dats in that build to fix any issues with sound or whatever). This is a one click build of what was most wanted and if I give control ill see alot of incorrect stuff. Also as stated if someone has ways to improve game sorting/launching or rom changes let me know if its agreed to by the masses ill release a patch to add stuff. But I didnt release it and have no idea how to even get it. But I hope people like it and if they really want someonething changed ill do it properly and release a patch. Ill never adding in rom adding, i would add rom deleting if people wanted it, and i would add roms if requested by a few people.

Cheers

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally hate torrents so thats not happening which is why you'll only se my fba-xxx pro rom update posts and such on ngs and plus i'm currently using mameox128 anyway.

no disrespect to britneyspairs but i perfer that.

You hate torrents? Do you hate techological advances?

Do you still ride a bike and not drive or ride in a motorized vehicle?

wow... you really should not use computers either... you need to use quil and parchment... :shootem:

i personally hate torrents so thats not happening which is why you'll only se my fba-xxx pro rom update posts and such on ngs and plus i'm currently using mameox128 anyway.

wow... you really should not use computers either... you need to use quil and parchment... :D

tell me, what exactly is so advanced about it? the fact that you need someone to "seed" what you need and then leave you at 99.7% which then leaves you with imcomplete waste of space torrent that you can't fix unless someone seeds it.

now on with newsgroup someone can make a post and it will last depending on your servers retension rate (giganews for example can have files/binaries for up to 70 days) and anyone can get it without the need of someone to "seed" it along with the fact that most posts can offer par2's to fix any imcomplete, bad, or missing file which torrents never offer.

so kid, you wanna run that by me again why it so advanced? ;)

wow... you really should not use computers either... you need to use quil and parchment... ;)

tell me, what exactly is so advanced about it? the fact that you need someone to "seed" what you need and then leave you at 99.7% which then leaves you with imcomplete waste of space torrent that you can't fix unless someone seeds it.

now on with newsgroup someone can make a post and it will last depending on your servers retension rate (giganews for example can have files/binaries for up to 70 days) and anyone can get it without the need of someone to "seed" it along with the fact that most posts can offer par2's to fix any imcomplete, bad, or missing file which torrents never offer.

so kid, you wanna run that by me again why it so advanced? :(

the technology is far more advanced then a simple FTP or NNTP transfer... I'm not going to explain the process which torrent works, you can easily do a search and read all you'd ever need to about it. BTW, you could easily use PARS with torrent, but there is no need to when all the 'parts' are online, even among different peers. So a seed is NOT required if there is enough peers.

I'm not just blowing smoke... this 'kid' has been in IT for 12 years and worked with some of the largest Fortune 100/500 companies as their consultant for systems integration, security, infrastructure, etc. I've worked with some of the smartest developers in the world (I'm not a dev). After using and seeing many, many systems and processes; torrent is by far the most efficient matrix/mesh/multi-node file transfer method ever used on the Internet, period.

... all the smart people agree that it is the best thing out currently :D

btw... this is why ALL the companies wanting to distrobute large files (like movies) are all using a proprietary torrent method (basically encrypted).

the following groups has it:

a.b.cd.image.xbox

a.b.emulators.mame

a.b.games.xbox

theres no problem telling them groups, its up to them to get access to it anyway :unsure:

Affini to eaches own, i hate torrents regardless as i know a few ppl have went though that hell of being ditched at 99% and went with ngs and loved it more.