BAED Evolved has gone GOLD!

wmxp

As the topic says, BAED Evolved has kicked off!

-SNES BAED Evolved is online first.

-MAMEdOX Platinum has also been mirrored!

-Genesis BAED Evolved will be uploaded in two days.

A release schedule for each disc will be worked out. In case you missed the official press release thread, you can view it HERE

So where can you get your hands on the goods?

Well..all I'm going to say is explore this forum post.... :thumbsup1:

Edited by wmxp

Nooo. You are foiling my plans for world domination, starting with 1Emu post spamming. ~shakes fist~

Hehe...yeah, I know this whole package is a complete grey area. I have the consent of two moderators already and perhaps you'll be the third. You know you wannnnt it. :thumbsup1:

(On a side note about the over posting; I'm use to forums where you receive an email when a user posts in a thread you're currently active in. So the peeps would have the 411 on the latest update.)

Edited by wmxp

Hehe...yeah, I know this whole package is a complete grey area. I have the consent of two moderators already and perhaps you'll be the third. You know you wannnnt it. :thumbsup1:

It's not a grey area, emulators alone are a grey area, this is blatant warez distribution.

I don't have a problem with it as such, I just wanted to make that clear.

Edited by + T +

All of the games the official MAME plays have always been considered abandonware. The companies no longer sell them or make profit from them, and no longer give support to those titles. It also helps preserve against hardware failure, such as the famous "CPS suicide" where the battery dies on board. The website www.mame.dk operated freely for years under this premise, and was an official outlet of the MAME team! The MAME.net site LINKED to it. The problem was, where the line was drawn. Modern hacks of MAME and FBA added support for titles that are classified as Warez, such as KOF2003.

Copywrites are not active forever. They exist for a certain amount of time, and then they are void. The official MAME team has always respected that. I'm not trying to argue with you outright, I'd just like to shed some light on the subject. :thumbsup1:

(Though I guess this is snes now isn't it. MAME argument not so valid. >_<)

Edited by wmxp

You have my support in simply talking about it and notifying users of releases, but just like the rules state.......no files or linking to them, or telling people where to locate them.

Like they do on XS, you can find such and such "at the usual places".

All of the games the official MAME plays have always been considered abandonware. The companies no longer sell them or make profit from them, and no longer give support to those titles. It also helps preserve against hardware failure, such as the famous "CPS suicide" where the battery dies on board. The website www.mame.dk operated freely for years under this premise, and was an official outlet of the MAME team! The MAME.net site LINKED to it. The problem was, where the line was drawn. Modern hacks of MAME and FBA added support for titles that are classified as Warez, such as KOF2003.

Copywrites are not active forever. They exist for a certain amount of time, and then they are void. The official MAME team has always respected that. I'm not trying to argue with you outright, I'd just like to shed some light on the subject. :naughty:

Again let me stress that I'm not actively against this but while we're getting our facts straight;

Abandonware is a term only applicable to certain PC and other computer games that the developers themselves have allowed to enter the public domain. To date there have been no console or arcade games that have been declared abandonware by any software publsher. The copyrights on all these games are still very much active, hence the frequently released arcade classics collections on modern consoles. In fact the majority of copyrights on video games last a minimum of 70 years.

While I'm sure your releases are of benefit to many people in the community, I don't think you should delude yourselves by trying to pass them off as anything other than warez distributions.

I guess it just makes me a little uncomfortable since it was nice to see this forum cleaning up its act recently without becoming another X-S. Topics like this based on piracy feel like a little a step backwards (and I feel exactly the same about the ROM distribution discussions in the FBA-XXX Pro thread).

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, minor hiccup along the road. I spent a couple days working with someone on extending the functionality of XDVDFS tools to support cross linking files manually. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, download this and give it a go: XDVDFS Tools

It's the ultimate tool for making Xbox ISOs. Forget Qwix, Cxbox, Craxtion...etc etc. They only produce Xbox ISOs with files in alphabetical order.

This utility is all about SPEED. You can create backup discs with all files ordered identically as the original pressed disc. It's also a godsend for homebrew, as the entire disc structure can be manually organized and optimized.

Now, down to business:

This is getting really out of hand, so I'm just going to spell it out here. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP MESSAGING ME ASKING FOR LINKS TO WHERE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE FILES. They arn't on Xbins aka "the usual places". There's no magical torrent link either. It's really not that hard to find people. Just follow my signature and READ CAREFULLY.

Think of it as a "smacktard check." If you can't figure out, you really don't have the smarts to be using these discs in the first place. That may come off as harsh...but guess what, it's suppose to be. Tough beans.

I'm treading along the thin line of board rules already. I'm not looking to get my ass smited with the ban hammer. :) [/rant]

Now that I've got that out of the way, info on what's coming up this week:

-A couple new team members possibly coming on board. We'll see how things unfold.

-Herbald pointed out to me that his Sega roms collecting work covered a lot more than just Genesis. So I believe I'm renaming the next release to "Sega BAED Evolved" It's due out shortly. Just squashing some bugs with the interface.

-BritneysPAIRS has been receiving warm attention from his MAMEdOX Platinum package. I think I'll just spice things up a bit, and push forward on our MAME release.

wmxp out

Edited by wmxp