What do you use besides WinAmp?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use iTunes to keep my files organized.  But I listen to most with winamp.

That's the thing I hate most about itunes (besides the fact that it's a vram whore). I once allowed it to keep my music folder "organized" and it moved everything; it even edited tags. :thumbsdown:

I use Winamp and have used it since forever. I tried musikcube once and it was alright. Haven't really given Foobar a try yet. Does it have a plugin that lets it become a single thin bar like Winamp does if you double click on it? That's practicaly the main reason I use Winamp since I don't use any of the other options. Sometimes I use the Shoutcast browser though.

Foobar does have that I think, but not for the latest RC (since the SDK isn't publically available). Once 0.9 becomes stable, then you'd have to wait a while.

Either way, I don't need that since I use Hotkeycontrolxp. :thumbsdown: (old version because the latest is shareware)

ATM, I'm using winamp because....idk why. In fact, I have no excuse to use foobar. It doesn't sound better. The only thing I like about foobar is the fact that it can read the replaygain values on all files.

The latest shoutcast browser on winamp is cool but really slow with response. Really laggy, but it's experimental. I like it because I have found some good stations.

Edited by Weirdy