BAED Evolved! *NEW*

wmxp

The 1Emulation forums grew rather famous after forum member Shasta Orange Soda released a multi DVD package of Xbox emulators and roms titled the "Big Ass Emulator Disc." Since then, many people have requested updates to this series on these boards. Well ask no longer as I'd like to proudly present:

BAED_Evolved.jpg

*pause for dramatic effect* :D

So yeah...this project started back in December 2005, and should have been ready by January...but do to complications (entirely my fault, sorry guys) it's been delayed untill now. The project is a joint effort by herbalb, BritneysPAIRS and myself.

As it stands, we have created the following:

-Super Nintendo BAED-Evolved: 1 DVD approx 3gigs. Contains one copy of every game released. USA version of the rom is always chosen first, and if unavailble the European/Japanese version is used instead.

-Sega Genesis BAED-Evolved: 2 DVD approx 4.5gigs. First disc follows the same guidelines as the SNES one. Second DVD is a small compilation of Sega CD titles to be released with Xport's newly released NeoGenesis v19. Second disc is still W.I.P

-GBA BAED-Evolved: 2 DVDs approx 6.8 gigs. Contains ALL roms from 0-2320. First disc is roms #-M, second is N-Z. Same filtering rules as Snes/Genesis

-MAME BAED-Evolved: 1DVD approx 4.38 gigs. This DVD has small front end with a switcher to choose between MAMEdOX 1.1 and MAMEoX 0.84 B3

The reason for this design is each emulator has a few holes in it for supported games. Some titles, notably ST-V games run better with the older MAMEoX. All Capcom CPS1/CPS2 and NeoGeo titles have been removed and ported over to...

-FBA BAED-Evolved: 1DVD approx 4.37 gigs. Capcom Play System 1&2, and NeoGeo titles using FBA XXX Pro. Clones and non working games removed.

-N64 BAED-Evolved: Still W.I.P. as N64 emulation is extremely hit and miss, but it should be a 1(2?) DVD release with the complete USA roms collection and the missing pockets from Euro/Japan. It should be running a multiboot setup with several copies of Surreal 64 and Surreal 64 XXX in different stages to allow as many games to be played as possible. The save directories of each emulator will be modified so they don't conflict.

-Daphne BAED-Evolved: Laser disc games collection. 2 DVDs, first one complete. Missing a few popular games so help is needed on this one. PM me if you think you can contribute to this project. Frame files are a pain!

....what's next? ;-)

Huge amounts of time have gone into using Rom Center, CLRMame Pro, GoodTools, etc to ensure all rom dumps are the best they can possibly be. UnleashX is used as a front end on several disc to provide emulator switching, HD install options and Tdata/Udata pre-configured setup installs to make this as noob friendly as possible. All the final ISOs have been manually optimized using the fantastic XDVDFS Tools system for speedy loading times from DVD. Because of the file system limitations of FatX (file name length/maximum path length), running from DVD is required, despite how we all want to load from the HD. :)

*IMPORTANT NOTE*

With the recent wave of updates from +T+ and HK$ for FBA XXX Pro and MAMEoX128Plus, the current MAME/FBA discs might be scrapped in favour of a new design. Since they could be using identical rom sets/DATS in the near future, users could play the same games with either MAME or FBA and not be forced into our current layout. More details on this later.

Anyone SERIOUS people with good technical skills who can help with this project, don't hesitate to contact me. Anybody who messages any member of our team with crap about when will so and so be released or general whining, I'll make sure to add your IP/hostname to the distribution server ban list so there will be no soup for you!

As for actually releasing the files, we have a dedicated server for the job which will be semi-private. The method used for relaying the information is a system which is accepted on the Xbox-Scene official forums by the admins/mods and shouldn't tread on any toes or break any rules on the 1Emu forums. Any mods wishing to discuss this method with me, feel free to contact me.

~ That's all folks! ~

Edited by wmxp

sounds good is this like mamedox Platinum?

-MAME BAED-Evolved: 1DVD approx 4.38 gigs. This DVD has small front end with a switcher to choose between MAMEdOX 1.1 and MAMEoX 0.84 B3

The reason for this design is each emulator has a few holes in it for supported games. Some titles, notably ST-V games run better with the older MAMEoX. All Capcom CPS1/CPS2 and NeoGeo titles have been removed and ported over to...

platinum1lr.jpg

Not really. BritneysPAIRS and I had a long discussion about this, and we decided to go with seperate MAME projects.

MAMEdOX Platinum is BritneysPAIRS pre selected "best of MAME" games, where he wanted to cut it down to his top selections of games. He openly stated though, during development he was completely open to suggestion on what should be included. Nobody seemed to care to provide input, so the games list was left as.

The package we created was designed to offer the complete MAME game archive. For those perfectionist type who want *everything*

Get in touch with me about the MAMEdOX Platinum. Your newsgrups post seems to be gone now, and I plan to mirror that package on our server.

ok let me know if you need it reupped to usernet..

Not really. BritneysPAIRS and I had a long discussion about this, and we decided to go with seperate MAME projects.

MAMEdOX Platinum is BritneysPAIRS pre selected "best of MAME" games, where he wanted to cut it down to his top selections of games. He openly stated though, during development he was completely open to suggestion on what should be included. Nobody seemed to care to provide input, so the games list was left as.

The package we created was designed to offer the complete MAME game archive. For those perfectionist type who want *everything*

Get in touch with me about the MAMEdOX Platinum. Your newsgrups post seems to be gone now, and I plan to mirror that package on our server.