Also in need of sound card

yeah the Audigys where hot shiz for a loooonnngg time, i might consider that

i do REALLY want the X-Fi though, if i had the money there would be no debate for me.

and uhh, with the card im upgrading from...anything will be an incredible jump hehe, i was using some old POS i had lying around untill i was gonna actually buy one for the pc i built, and well it died hehe

yeah the Audigys where hot shiz for a loooonnngg time, i might consider that

i do REALLY want the X-Fi though, if i had the money there would be no debate for me.

and uhh, with the card im upgrading from...anything will be an incredible jump hehe, i was using some old POS i had lying around untill i was gonna actually buy one for the pc i built, and well it died hehe

Same here, I've been using onboard sound cards forever. Right now I am using SiS 7012 Wave. Plus, with these new Altec Lansing speakers I purchased on Black Friday, I could finally use it to its potential. :banghead:

i decided i really want the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, and it seems to be get-able for around 60 bucks, which is good enough for me, but its sold out in alot of places, anyone know where i can get it cheap?

ph34r my PC speakers--- http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/store/c...a&item=c1md12ee

I want to hook it up to my home stereo though, but i havent had a chance to get the cables.

oh and BTW I got those speakers for free because im ninja like that :)

I see newer sound cards don't come with midi/gameport. Rather (at least with that card) a header is provided. Do they provide the port plug for the header with the card? Is it some sort of dongle?

I'm still running a Live MP3+ 5.1. Next PC I build I'll definitely be upgrading my soundcard. I still have and use my gameport controllers (Hell I have a homemade LPT SNES adapter)

So tell me Gamecop, DO YOU USE ALL THE PORTS?!

I probably will end up using all of them since I have a few speakers lying around unused. It'd be nice to have them all hooked up together. :)