video and audio stream in DS

deivetru

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, here is link to source code : http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Do we can adapt this code for nintendo DS to receive these data for door UDP?

Somebody is qualified to make this?

Thanks!!!

-blink-

Okay, please don't be stupid.... too late, I suppose.

The DS just isn't powerful enough to do any serious video decoding; Additionally it's obvious to me (and everyone else) that you don't have any idea what you're asking, or even have the first inkling of a thought of how to go about doing such a project.

I suggest if you want such a thing done, DO IT YOURSELF. Learn how the system works and write your own program. If we want such a thing, those of us capable of doing such WILL DO SO.

In the meantime, quit bugging us with unreasonable or infeasable requests, especially if you don't have a clue as to what you're asking!

-Stephen

C'mon don't be so harsh on those that might not be so into coding as you are.

This person simply has a dream of streaming video/audio and although it might seem a bit unrealistic to those that have knowledge of the DS, I don't think that insulting the person is a solution. If you wanna be critical, be supportive, and don't go around "please don't be stupid"-ing people.

I respect what you do and what you have achieved sgstair, and I respect you for your knowledge of DS WiFi, but I ask you: please, don't be so arrogant towards others.

Thanks.

Edited by infernoDS

C'mon don't be so harsh on those that might not be so into coding as you are.

This person simply has a dream of streaming video/audio and although it might seem a bit unrealistic to those that have knowledge of the DS, I don't think that insulting the person is a solution. If you wanna be critical, be supportive, and don't go around "please don't be stupid"-ing people.

I respect what you do and what you have achieved sgstair, and I respect you for your knowledge of DS WiFi, but I ask you: please, don't be so arrogant towards others.

Thanks.

C'mon indeed - I'm not being incredibly mean here, but I am being very clear. Apps that are useful to the coding community will be worked on, Apps that are not useful or interesting to the coders are just noise at the moment. Hey, given some time for the tools to mature - sure... but I've seen too much time wasted on impractical ideas and it's not a good thing until the lib / apps are more mature. As such, if you can't code you have no place asking for gigantic time investments at this time.

But, hey, if some poor fool wants to try to port VLC to the ds (haha, hahaha) - heaven help 'em.

-Stephen

I don't think this is the place for spam, so also on my part I won't continue posting stuff here, but still: calling people stupid is not really social is it?

And yeah, VLC is not really tangible, but people already got a kind of VNC thing working, so it is possible in a way eventually to get this stuff working as well... Eventually.

As for now sg, keep it up, ur doing great with your project.

I understand your point, but please try and be a bit more friendly. The Internet is a harsh place and I don't think this forum needs more of that.

Hi, forgives for the question that I made, did not have intention to provoke the fight of nobody, only found interesting to contribute with some information for the group, vocês had not understood right, I did not say to convert the Video Lan for the DS, but if it is possible to receive the signal that it sends for door 8888, the video would be without compression with a buffer of some seconds and the audio tablet, I find that the DS is capable to twirl this video and audio. :clapping:

Now if it to make this with that they make questions, nobody more goes to want to help and will be with distrust to give some idea. :banghead:

Thanks and peace!!!!

In principle, I see no problem with it. The DS is already capable of playing back an MPEG1 video and MP2 audio stream in the form of a DPG file (see Moonshell).

There are many network media players around (eg the Hauppauge Media MVP) that rely on a server on the PC to transcode DivX/xVid/DVD to a standard format on the fly.

As an example, I am an MVP owner and can have the server software on the PC transcode a hi-def, high bitrate AVI into DVD resolution MPEG2 for playback on the MVP (via ethernet or wireless). My PC can cope with this absolutely fine so there is no reason why the same principle cannot be applied to the DS - a server program that converts any video to DPG, on the fly and serves it up to the DS over wifi.

I am not be-littling the effort and work it would take to achieve this and I have the utmost respect for the DS homebrew crowd who continue to amaze with their collective talent.

Streaming video to the DS would be difficult but not impossible. I think. :banghead:

Edited by idbirch

Meh, people just need to think outside the box for a second.

It certainly seems possible if someone took the time to make a realmedia/windows media styled real-time encoder and "broadcasted" it via a server, someone could add TCP/IP routines to MoonShell and play back this DPG in real time. It's not like it's impossible, it would just take some time.

Oh boy that would actually sound like a more feasible idea than porting VLC. :banghead:

Personally though, having a Shoutcast audio/video player on the DS would be more desirable to me. But having a dedicated Nintendo DS home brewn DS video server playing back stuff for the community would be an awesome idea as well.

Sgstair wasn't being mean or harsh, he was just being..erm..brutally honest. :clapping: