What modchip are you using?

Alpha

Since all of you have modded your XBOX in someway (not including softmod).. what modchips are you guys using and how do you like it? It can be soldered, solderless, doesn't matter. Tell us your story! :P

Though my Xbox is currently softmodded, I own an Xecuter 3 that I'm too lazy to install again.

LPC pinheader method, fully wired is the best way to go.....but too damn much work.

Solderless (I know you're looking for a solution) is terrible no matter how high quality the adapter is, it will always displace with enough movement.

I love the X3, but my softmod does what I need it to, so I guess thats why I'm so lazy and won't install the X3 again.

xecuter 2.6ce with an xapt3r. before that i had a matrix.

I softmodded my sisters xbox and it works just fine. I don't think the chip really matters as long as you use a good bios. (xecuter) you can do every thing you could want. it more a matter of getting the box set up the way you want it nowadays. all the chips have basicly the same functions.

X3 CE w/ LCD

I use XBMC all the time to watch videos so the progress bar on the LCD screen is quite useful. The chip itself is installed with the pin header and 3 wires (LAN, HDD, D0). Super easy to install... I've installed them for several friends as well.

SmartXX V3, I like the smartxx since v2, I upgraded from v2 to v3 and sold the ones i had removed from my boards.

Both of my L.E Xboxes are 1.0 with 128MB Ram upgrade, and I'm using the iND-BiOS 5003, my default dash is XBMC.

I would like to have an LCD installed, or use an X3 Control Panel now that the smartxx v3 support X3 LCDs, but it will be only for the LCD, maybe I'll do that in the future, anyway I would recommend the SmartXX v3 or an X3CE.

Edited by modinside

I have a v1.1 Xbox with a Xecuter 2.3 Lite, a Seagate 120gb HDD, EvoX M8 Plus bios, and the latest Unleash X. I modded the Xbox around in 2003 or so. My friends have their xboxes modded too. One of my friends have a Halo SE v1.4 Xbox, TSOPed with X2 4980 and a 250gb hdd i think. My other friend has a v1.6 xbox with a DuoX2 chip, EvoX M8 v1,6 bios, and his orginal hdd (i keep asking him when he is going upgrade his hdd, but he doesnt say a solid answer.) :D