Best Peforming Solderless Modchip Solution?

Alpha

Okay guys, I'm getting a BIG headache with all these xbox modchips. There are too many and they are all too different.

Here are my 3 choices with my XBOX v1.0...

- Xenium SP.ICE/GOLD

- Xecuter 3CE + Xapt3r 1.0

- SmartXX v3 + Universal Solderless Adaptor

What I am looking for...

- Easy Installation (I don't want to be spending more than an hour!)

- Best Quality Modchip + Parts, Something that'll last a long time!

- Best Features

- Best Recoverey Capabilites (Doesn't have to be a 'recovery mode')

Help me out here, or I am going to delete this forum. :P

all solderless mods will act up after car travel...Its not worth it...Just get a DuaX2

http://www.modchipman.com/duox-cromwellfla...tion-p-216.html

8.00 USD and you get LIVE and 1x512k bios ..Thats all you need..all the other stuff is whistles and bells that mean nothing. I can do one in 10 mins. and you can drop it on the floor and it wont move...you power on with the eject button and your original untouched 10G hdd and your all good for LIVE. You power on with the regular power button and your modded hdd and you get everything...and it will last a long time. :P

all solderless mods will act up after car travel...Its not worth it...Just get a DuaX2

http://www.modchipman.com/duox-cromwellfla...tion-p-216.html

8.00 USD and you get LIVE and 1x512k bios..Thats all you need..all the other stuff is whistles and bells that mean nothing.  I can do one in 10 mins.  and you can drop it on the floor and it wont move...you power on with the eject button and your original untouched 10G hdd and your all good for LIVE.  You power on with the regular power button and your modded hdd and you get everything...and it will last a long time. :P

No thanks, I've had bad luck with soldering and this entire topic is about SOLDERLESS! If you can pick one of these 3 modchips I listed with good reason, let me know. Otherwise, I honestly don't care about soldering any form of object.

i don't recomend solderless either but if you must, i'd say x3+xapt3r is your best choice as it uses the best mod out.

some ppl only care for the x3 if they plan to get the x3 control panel so i'm sure the other 2 would do just fine if you don't want x3 and the extras it offers.

that modchip is 15 dollars

but uhh, if i bought that, i could put xecuter or whatever other cool bios on it right?

and for the second HDD i just buy an IDE cable with dual plugs and plug in a slave drive right?

and thats it? omg i think i finally decided which chip to get (after like 3 years of debating modding my xbox lol)

I would choose Smartxx v3, in fact I have installed one on each of my two xboxes, i like the eprom tools options and the 128 MB extended test for the aditional 64 MB, it has 4 MB onboard memory (3.5 usable), and I simply like smartxx OS, I have not had the chance to use an X3CE, but I am sure both have almost the same caracteristic, the one thig X3CE it is best its in documentation and support, you can find a lot of info about X3, but not so many on the Smartxx v3 or the versions before. another thing the samartxx is missing its a smartxx bios, you have to use a third party bios, on the X3 you can use the X3 bios plus any other third party bios you like.