Some new features in next MAMEoX128 Plus!

HK$

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got kof neowave xbox jap running on my arcade cab!...Its AWESOME!...The controls are so perfect...Was hoping to get the new mameox128 plus on the same day... It seems that the current state of neogeo rom sets is very uncertain...I cant tell what seems to be the ultimate best choice for your build...I hope it gets a release soon...

back to the battle!~ :clapping:

Request please!

Can you change the save folder, so it's different from the one MAMEox 0.84 uses? Bump it up another notch like MAMEdoX did?

Thank you kindly!

It's actually fairly easy to change the save location yourself with a hex editor. I actually posted some quick instructions on how to do this over at XBox-Scene just a few days ago: Link

It might be easier with dexbe, but I've always just used a hex editor for tasks like this.

Yeah, actually I think all you have to do is change what is called the Title ID. I think you can edit that with dexbe, but I really haven't used that much so I'm not sure how you edit values with it... I always use a hex editor.

If you use a hex editor here is what you need to do.

First, here is where the MAME currently saves to on the E: drive:

MAMEdoX: E:\TDATA\4d414d46\

MAMEoX and MAMEoX 128 Plus!: E:\TDATA\4d414d45\

The folder name is the Title ID (4d414d45).

Open up the default.xbe file in a hex editor. Now you need to search for the Title ID, but there is a trick to it. It's in there backwards... but in groups of two characters.

If the Title ID is this: 4d414d45

You need to search for a hex value of this: 454d414d

I color coded it so you could see more easily how I reversed the Title ID in groups of 2 characters. Just do a search (hex value search) for the reversed Title ID in the default.xbe file, then change one of the values to something else, and then save it. I think that will cause the emulator to save to a new location.

THX for this tip Thraxen,

I've setted MAMEoX128_Plus! to have his save folder in 4d414d47 and it works fine.

But i've noticed that there's the same Title ID in mameox.xbe, so i've change the Title ID in mameox.xbe too.

I hope i've done good, for the moment all works perfect with this 2 edited Title Id and the name of MAMEoX128_Plus! haven't changed.

I've done this job with Hackman, it's an hex editor.

I've tryed also with dexbe, but it seems that i haven't find how to do edition with it, or may be that dexbe is just a viewer.

:clapping:

Edited by WildWold