Some new features in next MAMEoX128 Plus!

HK$

Great news HK$. Your build is by far the ultimate MAME for Xbox.

Would you be at all interested in syncing up the Neo-Geo ROMsets with FBA-XXX Pro? It would be awesome if both emus supported the same sets.

Yeah, I will update all the neogeo romsets to the latest MAME.

For the decrypted romsets, I'd like to use both decrypted C and decrypted V roms, because it will take some time to decrypt the encrypted V roms. But FBA-XXX use only decrypted C roms for the 'd' romsets...

I'm thinking of maybe adding an option so that users can choose using which V roms by themselves. So if you select using encrypted v roms, the romset is the same with FBA-XXX Pro.

Edited by HK$

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammaz is wanting this for a cabinet I'm assuming, but why not implement disabling the Start button? Anyone wanting to do so could just edit their config by hand. Don't make it an option visibile in the launcher, but in the config only.

Something like....

#Kioskmode - Default is OFF(No) when ON(Yes) the START button is disabled in the launcher

Kioskmode = No

I'm happy with whatever good changes are implemented, everything I enjoy playing has worked great for the longest time. Keep up the good work!

Great news HK$. Your build is by far the ultimate MAME for Xbox.

Would you be at all interested in syncing up the Neo-Geo ROMsets with FBA-XXX Pro? It would be awesome if both emus supported the same sets.

Yeah, I will update all the neogeo romsets to the latest MAME.

For the decrypted romsets, I'd like to use both decrypted C and decrypted V roms, because it will take some time to decrypt the encrypted V roms. But FBA-XXX use only decrypted C roms for the 'd' romsets...

I'm thinking of maybe adding an option so that users can choose using which V roms by themselves. So if you select using encrypted v roms, the romset is the same with FBA-XXX Pro.

Decrypting V ROMs doesn't add much at all to the loading time. Only decrypting C ROMs takes alot of time. There isn't really any reason to use decrypted V's in 'd' sets unless you don't have the code to run encrypted ones.

FBA-XXX Pro does support 'nd' sets though which include decrypted V ROMs. It would be good to include these fully decrypted sets since many other emulators use them too. If you'd like to save the time of adding all these extra sets then I'd be happy to help out if you send me the Neo-Geo section of your source.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this. :P

I've tested before, and it does cost some time to decrypt the v roms.

But maybe I can build 2 xbe, one with the decrypted v roms for the 'd' sets and one with encrypted v roms.

I didnt add nd sets because I dont like to use the decrypted P roms. Some game even dont have correct decrypted P roms (Take garou as an example, it dont have a correct decrypted p rom, FA50E446 is incorrect). So the game feeling maybe different using decrypted p roms.

Edited by HK$

I didnt add nd sets because I dont like to use the decrypted P roms. Some game even dont have correct decrypted P roms (Take garou as an example, it dont have a correct decrypted p rom, FA50E446 is incorrect). So the game feeling maybe different using decrypted p roms.

That's why there is no 'nd' garou set in FBA-XXX Pro. :P You will find all decrypted P ROMs used by Pro are correct.

I don't use fully decrypted sets either but I know some people do (for cross-compatiblility with the Kawa-X Hack and such). That's why I included support for them in Pro. I'm just saying that if you added them to MAMEoX128 Plus as well then all 3 Xbox NG emulators could use the same ROMsets, which would be cool. ;)

Edited by + T +

Sammaz is wanting this for a cabinet I'm assuming, but why not implement disabling the Start button? Anyone wanting to do so could just edit their config by hand. Don't make it an option visibile in the launcher, but in the config only.

Something like....

#Kioskmode - Default is OFF(No) when ON(Yes) the START button is disabled in the launcher

Kioskmode = No

I'm happy with whatever good changes are implemented, everything I enjoy playing has worked great for the longest time. Keep up the good work!

Done.

But when you disable the start menu, you cant play games with IPS patch, you cant record and replay, you cant view history and mameinfo...

Something like....

Kioskmode = No

Done.

But when you disable the start menu, you cant play games with IPS patch, you cant record and replay, you cant view history and mameinfo...

And in a Kiosk setting, thats a good thing.

Request please!

Can you change the save folder, so it's different from the one MAMEox 0.84 uses? Bump it up another notch like MAMEdoX did?

Thank you kindly!

It's actually fairly easy to change the save location yourself with a hex editor. I actually posted some quick instructions on how to do this over at XBox-Scene just a few days ago: Link

It might be easier with dexbe, but I've always just used a hex editor for tasks like this.