DS2Key 0.4 Plans

sypherce

Something unfortunate happened on sunday. My harddrive got corrupt and I was force to format. The result is everything i erased, including all my source code.

Good News though, I've started reprogramming DS2Key and all is going smoothly, I'm implementing the GUI on the ds side still, it's going quite well though. This should only be a little speed bump, although I can't promise new features except the GUI on the DS for now.

0.4 will be a DS Side release, everything should be back to normal and better. 0.5 will contain new features, and improved mouse support.

Also, I will be making sure to release source code with every version so this doesn't happen again.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something unfortunate happened on sunday. My harddrive got corrupt and I was force to format. The result is everything i erased, including all my source code.

Good News though, I've started reprogramming DS2Key and all is going smoothly, I'm implementing the GUI on the ds side still, it's going quite well though. This should only be a little speed bump, although I can't promise new features except the GUI on the DS for now.

0.4 will be a DS Side release, everything should be back to normal and better. 0.5 will contain new features, and improved mouse support.

Also, I will be making sure to release source code with every version so this doesn't happen again.

That sucks ;)

I'm surprised you didn't keep backups, if I were a coder I think I'd be paranoid.

That sucks :(

I'm surprised you didn't keep backups, if I were a coder I think I'd be paranoid.

I'm a coder as well, so here's a tip: Gmail offers a 2 gig drive. I always save my work there, it also helps because when I'm not at home, I can still access my code.

That sucks tho, I hope everything goes off as you intended, and that this small bump doesnt make you think of quitting :)

As for features I'd like to expect (at least at some point, maybe on DS2Key 1.0) is touchpad programmable buttons...

Having certain areas with pre-coded buttons would help a lot with FPSs, along with some sensibility sensor :P

I would have used GMail for storing my files, but theres no autoupdate feature, and I can't really store the whole thing in the folder, as it doesn't cache it.

But I got a cheap service yesterday that basically does what I want, for $10 a year for 1GB. So it should update what needs updated every 15 minutes, and I'm trying to make a copy every once in a while in there so I have backups from earlier dates as well.

Only reason I got this is because I'm really just too lazy for backing up stuff manually, I know I would never do it enough, now I know I'm covered.

Edited by sypherce

Just a heads up, 0.4 will now only be a update to the ds side, no feature enhancements other then a new gui, a complete remake of the ds side actually.

0.41 will be a release of the new PC/Server side GUI. Again, just a remake and source code release, then 0.42+ will be feature enhancements.

Source will have to be released this time, so this time I won't lose it :banghead: