Nintendo WiFi Connector: WiFiMe?

Öhr GmbH

Can i use my NWIFIC to use wifime and sending demos&homebrew to my DS?

i read this:

http://www.aaronrogers.com/nintendods/wifime.php

NOTE: USB version (RT2570) will not work

does a NWIFIC have a RT2570 chip?

i tried to install but it asks for a rt2560usb.sys(and other rt2560usb.XXX files) so i cant install it. i renamed the sys, inf,... files to the pop-up wanted file, but im getting an error: problems with starting the NWIFIC.

I, of course, uninstalled the nintendo wifi app(and the drivers), but i cant get it to work.

thx in advance!

Edited by Öhr GmbH

Offcourse that doesnt work. That soft AP thing only works for things based on things that have a ralink 25xx chipset in it.

And does the nintendo USB thingie have that? No, offcourse not. They have some nintendo chipset or whatever inside of them. Im not 100% sure but it's safe to say that it doesn't.

And as far as i know no-one else has been working on getting wifime to run with a nintendo USB connector, so to run wifime you'll have to buy a card with a ralink 25xx chipset or well, just use a passme/flashme since it does the same. If you want to play WMB demo's i think it's also possible to just flash them to a card and start them from the DS directly.

lots of misinformation here, folks.

the Official Site states (albeit not very clearly) that the driver works for PCI and PCMCIA cards ONLY - when they have an RT2500 chipset (which means the interface chip is the RT2560)

I'm not sure where the RT2570 number came from, because as far as I know USB devices also use the 2560 chip, though I haven't confirmed this.

Additionally, the Nintendo USB connector *is* a RT2500 device, however as it's USB the current driver will NOT work with it.

Hope this clears some some stuff up.

-Stephen

• 2 weeks later...

According to the Ralink site the chipsets are called RT2500 (pci and pcmcia form factor) and RT2500USB (USB form factor). The RT2500USB chipset use the RT2571 chip as the baseband/MAC. The linux open source drivers (which are based on code from ralink) refer to RT2500USB devices as RT2570.

To add to the confusion, you can currently use a RT2500USB device for WMB and Wifime BUT ONLY UNDER LINUX. See here and here for more information.

Ben