Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shibathedog

Disk Cleaner/Registry Cleaner

are there any really good ones for winxp? I tried Speedupmypc but it doesnt seem to really do anything but monitor stuff.

There was some really good one i used to use, i forget what it was called but i remember the window was white, and the company offered a lot of other similar products for PCs. Yeah, thats really vaugue but its all i remember

I use Raxco's PerfectDisk for defragmenting.

As for keeping things "clean" I use Tuneup Utilities 2004 (Theres probably a newer version available now, I just haven't bothered checking).

Tuneup Utilities registry cleaner does a better job than anything else I've tried. As for cleaning up the hard drive, I don't have a problem with it being messy in the first place.......so it doesn't find much.

okay cool, ill check that stuff out

I meant like things that delete temp files and stuff because i know the windows default one doesnt really get it all, i get alot of temp files and things because for some reason when i extract a RAR from a secondary HDD or something, it has to go to the main one and then copy to the one i extracted it to automatically which is really annoying and a waste of time.

try O&O Defrag. Best defrag ever. You can arrange your files by access, means the prog will arrange your files on the HD, so the files you use most, load the fastest. Tried a bunch of defraggers, but his one is the best.

I use registry mechanic, ccleaner, and Disk Keeper

RegSeeker is an awesome tool for cleaning your reg, old start menu items, IE cookies, and MRU list.

Edited by Mooney