Scanlines on Chankast

Just a question, whenever I play emulated games, I have scanlines, this fixes up a lot of that "everywhere pixels" type of thing. You know what I'm talking about, is there a way to do that with Chankast? any separate programs that whenever you run puts scanlines on the monitor or something. It would really help.

this is probably a pretty newbish question, but what is the point of scanlines exactly? Just to make it look more like a TV or something? Because i never experienced any difference in performance or anything with them on or off...just....lines on my screen, so whats really the point of them? Lines across my game are annoying!

Yes, they are supposed to simulte the 'TV effect', but scanlines on PC monitors look nothing like on TV anyway, so...

:/

Some people use scanlines to get better performance if they have low computer specs, since full scanlines only draw half the lines for each frame and the other half completely black.

hmm, and then theres emus like nebula which have like 35 different scanline effects

Yeah, some people just like scanlines. With special scanline modes like 50% scanlines, 75% scanlines, etc., the effect maybe closer to the real TV, but still not the same.

i dont even really see scanlines on my TV unless im like an inch away from it

You get scanlines fans by forcing them to sit real close to the TV all the time. :P

Sure, if my TV would be as close to my eyes as my monitor is now, I'd probably see scanlines too.

this is probably a pretty newbish question, but what is the point of scanlines exactly? Just to make it look more like a TV or something? Because i never experienced any difference in performance or anything with them on or off...just....lines on my screen, so whats really the point of them? Lines across my game are annoying!

AHAHAHAHA Newbish? Tell me what experienced is then. Again it was just a question, I mean, that would be great, it makes it better cuz I'm used to it. Don't be black and white guys, be sympathetic.

AHAHAHAHA Newbish? Tell me what experienced is then. Again it was just a question, I mean, that would be great, it makes it better cuz I'm used to it. Don't be black and white guys, be sympathetic.

In case you failed to notice, Shiba was referring to his own question "What is the point of scanlines exactly?"