Tekken for PSP

AndymaN

Well who freakin cares!

So this morning I wanted to wake up at 8 just to get to my nearest target to buy the game. I woke up at 9 and headed out to the target down my street. Did they have the game? Nope, and they told me that the game was coming out within the week. I decided that I couldn't be disappointed again and went to Best Buys. I went right when they opened and did they have the game? Nope, they told me that their shipment hasn't come yet and will come later in the day. I've come this far and for sure knew I wouldn't be disappointed at Frys Electronics, did they have the game? Nope, they told me that it will be here tomorrow at 4 P.M. So where the hell do I go? My girlfriend already gets mad at me for dragging her around town for just a game. Oh this isn't just a game to me either, it's Tekken of all games! She calls a Best Buys in Sunnyvale and to our avail, they had 20 copies. We rushed on the freeway to get to that Sunnyvale, mind you its quite far. We get there but see none displayed, I almost feel a defeat coming upon me until we asked a worker there, "Do you guys have Tekken for PSP?" "Tekken? For PSP? Let me check" so we follow him to the front, he doesn't find it. "It's in the back haha" he says, we let him go to the back and grab it. He comes back from the back and says "Just one?" "Yes please". Thank the lord he knew where the hell to find it. We went to three different stores before we came to our last resort.

Rushed home just to pop this game into my PSP.

In Conclusion: Tekken is the best PSP game ever.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well who freakin cares!

So this morning I wanted to wake up at 8 just to get to my nearest target to buy the game. I woke up at 9 and headed out to the target down my street. Did they have the game? Nope, and they told me that the game was coming out within the week. I decided that I couldn't be disappointed again and went to Best Buys. I went right when they opened and did they have the game? Nope, they told me that their shipment hasn't come yet and will come later in the day. I've come this far and for sure knew I wouldn't be disappointed at Frys Electronics, did they have the game? Nope, they told me that it will be here tomorrow at 4 P.M. So where the hell do I go? My girlfriend already gets mad at me for dragging her around town for just a game. Oh this isn't just a game to me either, it's Tekken of all games! She calls a Best Buys in Sunnyvale and to our avail, they had 20 copies. We rushed on the freeway to get to that Sunnyvale, mind you its quite far. We get there but see none displayed, I almost feel a defeat coming upon me until we asked a worker there, "Do you guys have Tekken for PSP?" "Tekken? For PSP? Let me check" so we follow him to the front, he doesn't find it. "It's in the back haha" he says, we let him go to the back and grab it. He comes back from the back and says "Just one?" "Yes please". Thank the lord he knew where the hell to find it. We went to three different stores before we came to our last resort.

Rushed home just to pop this game into my PSP.

In Conclusion: Tekken is the best PSP game ever.

Lol, why you didn't use pre-order so that all the hassle can be saved?

But I agreed, best PSP game ever!

BTW, do you get the D-Pad attachment? I have mine from Play Asia

I wonder how Konami, who isn't any larger a company than Namco Bandai, can offer its gimmicky Solid Eye add on with every copy of the rather niche game Metal Gear Acid 2 in every region, despite it having little at all to do with the gameplay...

...and yet Namco cannot give away Dpads which are so fundamental to the game experience, and with a game that is likely to outsell Acid 2 by a bloody huge margin.

I smell cheapness at its worst. Capcom I can understand, since their game was really an 8 year old port... but for Tekken on the PSP? What the hell?

I found the D-Pad not much help.

With the attachment, I found that I can't do qcf much, although WGF movement is quite ok. I use both Analog and d-pad now, alternating between the two.

I also have problem executing move like 2+3 or 1+4, but then it is not the game's fault.

And yes, the arcade mode and the dojo mode are the best. The ghost players available are quite tough too. Can;t wait to download more.

After playing for so many hours,

i would like to declare that:

THE ENGLISH VERSION DO NOT HAVE THE GRAPHICAL GLITCHES THAT IS IN JAPAN VERSION.

Japan Version has a glitch where some hits cause ugly white boxes to come out when it should have been fireworks or something.