Tekken for PSP

AndymaN

Namco's fighting franchise is heading to Sony's handheld in Tekken: Dark Resurrection

Premier console fighter Tekken is making the transition to PSP, the latest issue of Japanese mag Famitsu has revealed.

The game, titled Tekken Dark Resurrection, is an expanded handheld adaptation of the latest console offering Tekken 5, sharing many characters and features with its PS2 cousin. Time Attack, multiplayer and mini-game modes are all offered in the PSP version, along with brand new movie opening scenes and a slew of additional items.

No screenshots of the game are offered in the mag so we can't yet comment on the visual splendour of the handheld Tekken, but with the game currently penned for a summer release in Japan, we're sure there's not long to wait before official images emerge.

The first such title for PSP, Tekken Dark Resurrection is named after — and based on — the latest arcade game in the series, Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection.

The game will feature over 30 characters, including Dragonuv and Lili, two new characters that were added to the arcade game. Also making the PSP cut are new stages, based off original Tekken 5 stages, but with climate and time effects as well as new background objects.

Namco is making a few additions exclusively for the PSP version. New game modes, including time attack, practice and mini games are all expected.

Multiplayer is also expected, but only in Ad-Hoc form.

Tekken Dark Resurrection for the PSP is expected this Summer.

- Credits to www.psp-spot.com

Now you know i'm going to upgrade for sure when it comes out. :clapping::punk::banghead:

Edited by AndymaN

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never really liked tekken, Tekken 3 is alright in my opinion by i dont really like any others besides that.

DOA is okay i guess, its fun every once in awhile but never got obsessed with it or anything.

the only 3D fighters i really play are MK games (which yeah arent the best, but its fun to goof around in, Bicycle kick only matches while intoxicated are always a hoot, plus....fatalities...duh) and that KOF one

Yes, I have seen it. It look like a direct port from Tekken 5, which is good! I can't wait.

But Tekken Advance do sucks :banghead:

Tekken 5 DR was never released on PS2.

Therefor, the PSP version is infact the arcade update of Tekken 5 and not the original game.