Ever drew a Comic

At some point of our lives, we tried to draw comics but failed. I drew a couple funny ones but got bored of the concept. Here's one of em :)

It was way better when i drew it :(

(WARNING: Comic is 403 kbs!)

comic.bmp

the first thing you must know, is that, when drawing comics, the goal is to be able to tell a story without ever writing a word. ofcourse, with comics nowadays, with their complex story lines, this is almost impossable, and is rarely ever acomplished. your story on the other hand, is a simple one. not that "simple" is bad, but i think you could tell the story without a bit of dialogue if you just changed a few things.

1-more detail. not that im against stick figure drawings, but i couldnt even tell it was a gun he was holding at first. make your drawings clearer, and easier to distinguish, and people should have less of a problem trying to figure out what is going on.

2-facial expressions and body laguage. these are actually two of the most important things to work on when doing a comic, or any kind of illustrated story, for that matter. our bodies can express emotion way better than our words ever could. in your case, this would apply to the two pokemon trainer guys the most.

stick with these two features at the moment, for they are key in drawing a good, and, clear story.

ps- if you are wondering, i went to school to learn to draw comics. for 4 years i studied illustration and journalism in a joint major. so, if you are really intrested in drawing comics, and arent just playing around, feel free to ask me anything, and i will do my best to point you in the right direction. :)

i wanted to make some comix a few times but i guess i am too lazy, besides i don´t want to make a story so i need some other guy, =( i am not good telling stories,

about drawing someone told me once that if you wanted to learn how todraw comix youshould watch movies and pay attention to the camera position, how the scenes are focused, the light, the space, everything, i think it is a pretty good advice even when i never followed it =D

one thing ME¡, have you ever watched cowboy bebop or bt´x anime,, on the ending on both there are some cool images on black and white i also have seen some color ones, they seem like acuarel (on´t know if that is it´s english name =P) but they are cooler i think those images are coloured using the pc,anyway i am not sure of the method used, do you know anything about that?

in the past i did made mapy more than 3 book of comics (mapy 5)??????????????????

i was raly let you lught at it was very funy(my tesher in my shcol see the 2nd book and lught a lot)some of them have an story and other withowt word

but its all gone now(if i seresh for it i may find the last one only)

one  thing ME¡, have you ever watched cowboy bebop or bt´x anime,, on the ending on both there are some cool images on black and white i also have seen some color ones, they seem like acuarel (on´t know if that is it´s english name =P) but they are cooler i think those images are coloured using the pc,anyway i am not sure of the method used,  do you know anything about that?

nope. sorry. i dont recall those you mention. i'll take a look at some cowboy bebop to see what ya mean. its been a while since ive watched it. :)