DS2key on M3 Perfect

lucky644

Just a heads up, in order to get this one to work, I had to rename the dskey.ds.gba one to.nds (the one already with.nds wouldnt work), and run it though the m3 perfect software (no trim, complete copy) in order for it to work.

Just incase anyone else has problems :huh:

Edited by lucky644

Just a heads up, in order to get this one to work, I had to rename the dskey.ds.gba one to.nds (the one already with.nds wouldnt work), and run it though the m3 perfect software (no trim, complete copy) in order for it to work.

Hmm. I do as I always do with my homebrews on my M3SD.

I simply put it on my SD-card through normal drag/drop in windows like the SD-card was just another HDD.

Never had any problems with any.nds homebrews including DS2KEY 0.3

I guess if you have troubles then it's because you use the Game-manager from M3 to put the homebrew on your card. I guess that software "screws up" the "rom" in some way.

Mvh: Ezel... Malmoe, Sweden

I can confirm that the touch screen only works on M3 CF when using the ".ds.gba" version but there is no need to rename it, it works with ".ds.gba" extension. If you don't rename it to ds2key.nds, the save file would have to be called ds2key.ds.dat.

I just manually copied the ".ds.gba" version over and then copied one of my other DS save files to NDSSAVES\ds2key.ds.dat. I guess the GM method would be easier for most people.

Adding an icon and boot logo should get the touchscreen working on the ".nds" version. Bafio's program had the same problem.

ndstool -c ds2key.nds -9 ds2key.arm9 -7 ds2key.arm7 -o bootlogo.bmp -b 32x32.bmp "DS2Key;Send keys to PC"

There's some boot logo's here. For some odd reason, I haven't seen the PSP logo used :huh:. You can just make the icon in mspaint, 32x32, less than 256 colours.

Edited by Sektor

• 1 month later...

i've got a M3-perfect SD and i put both the.nds and.ds.gba versions through the M3 game manager software, even though the.nds version didnt work at all the.ds.gba version worked fine. even though i havent got it to connect yet (i think my router has blocked the required port, i just gotta change it)

i've got a M3-perfect SD and i put both the.nds and.ds.gba versions through the M3 game manager software, even though the.nds version didnt work at all the.ds.gba version worked fine. even though i havent got it to connect yet (i think my router has blocked the required port, i just gotta change it)

If you router blocks the port it only blocks it if the conection is from the internet not from a local machine/device.

Maybe a firewall is active on your pc, if you have win xp make sure the win xp firewall is disabled (or the port is open.)

• 3 weeks later...

Ive used ds2key on my old xgflash and now my new m3 perfect SD, and I havent seen ds2key save the config yet, also, is anyone else able to connect to an AP that ISNT broadcasting the SSID?

I can only connect to my AP if I turn on broadcasting, which I would prefer not to do