Possible to use Win2DS over the Internet?

Vegetable

You'll need to make sure your using the internet IP and not the local one (not 192.*.*.*), and you probably need to forward port 8888 for UDP on the computer. Google 'port forwarding' and you'll probably find how to do it, google 'whats my ip' to find your internet IP.

• 1 year later...

Sorry about bringing back an old post but I didnt want to duplicate topics, I can connect via localhost but not over internet.

I connected to my own router, both using CFW and manual settings, type my external ip and password, but it just keeps displaying "Waiting" and WinDS PC program doesn´t show any sign of incoming activity.

Im using both WinDS 0.8f and 0.81 fusion and I have my router in DMZ to my PC but just to be sure i forwarded the UDP port 8888 but nothing worked, and btw I dont have firewall.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edited by josemaloco

Sorry about bringing back an old post but I didnt want to duplicate topics, I can connect via localhost but not over internet.

I connected to my own router, both using CFW and manual settings, type my external ip and password, but it just keeps displaying "Waiting" and WinDS PC program doesn´t show any sign of incoming activity.

Im using both WinDS 0.8f and 0.81 fusion and I have my router in DMZ to my PC but just to be sure i forwarded the UDP port 8888 but nothing worked, and btw I dont have firewall.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

External IPs only work when you are outside your local network, so if you are at home trying to connect to your external IP won't work (just use your internal one when at home).

There is a way to get it working if your router has an option called NAT loopback, try googling this and your router model - but you may as well use your internal IP if you are local.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest BakaGuy
I have the same prob. I'm using my IP which I got from showip.com and it keeps saying "Waiting..."

I too have had this problem, and it isn't just from a local connection. I cannot access the Win2DS (or DS2win fusion) server on my computer remotely, through the internet.

I am using the correct IP, I have tried with port 8888 forwarded /and/ with a DMZ set up for my PC, and either way, I am unable to connect to the server with my DS remotely.

NAT is also functioning perfectly.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Edited by BakaGuy