Win2DS v0.4

Sintax

The new version I just uploaded shouldn't do that any more. Even then though, it only peaks out at around 10% on my computer. Redownload and tell me if it still does it, but I don't know why it would. Usage tends to go up if you put it on the fastest setting for screenshots, but other than that it should be fine.

OK, I re-downloaded just in case but as expected it's still the same. When I re-extracted the server.exe to my PC and the.nds file to my SD card all the attributes were exactly the same. Not sure why it works OK for you but here's all my details if it helps:

PC:

P4 Prescott 2.8GHz clocked @ 3.0GHz

Abit AI7 mobo

1GB Dual DDR 400

WinXP MCE 2005

NDS:

UK DS with Supercard SD

FlashMe 5

Supercard firmware: 1.60

Version 0.3 worked great and CPU usage was very low. I have not changed any of the speed settings in Win2DS on the DS side so update speed is Normal for both.

Cheers.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried it with my Nintendo WGC data (which is working well, on Mario Kart for example), connected to the AP, but couldn't manage to connect to the server. My AP forwards the port 8888 to the server PC, my Windows Firewall doesn't block the server application...

So my question is: "Is WEP encryption enabled?".

Edit: tried to shut down WiFi encryption, and I have my answer: WEP is not supported... But! I can't connect to the server:

Server opened on port 8888.

Connection accepted from 192.168.1.7.

Client timed out.

Can you tell me why?

Edited by sto

Why would you sue a homebrewer, that wouldn't be very interesting.

Anyway. I tested the app, and this one made me even happier then the first version I tried ;). And for now I only have 2 bugs to report:

- The zoomed in view mouse control does not work well. When setting your screen to the upper left corner you will be able to get your mouse in the upper left corner as well. But if you move down to the lower right you can see the mouse moving way 'further' them supposed to. Hope this helps :P.

- Some of my DS commands are ignored and I have to press a key twice or touch the screen twice. Now this could be because of the cpu usage some others talked about. If its not, try to make user input priority #1.

Well, hope this all helps you with your great app!

• 2 weeks later...

Well at this point, the program seems to do what it is supposed to pretty well, so I've been lazy with it. I'm not sure what features to add, and half of that is because I'm not sure when TCP will be done. In the mean time, I've been giving the GUI and a lot of the stuff you don't see a makeover.

Well at this point, the program seems to do what it is supposed to pretty well, so I've been lazy with it. I'm not sure what features to add, and half of that is because I'm not sure when TCP will be done. In the mean time, I've been giving the GUI and a lot of the stuff you don't see a makeover.

Steven said it probably will be out tomorrow, with tcp, WEP and all :clapping: .. will we see a speed and stability improvement then? :banghead: