BitTorrent question

Darken

Yeah, I love µTorrent too. The only thing I do not like about it is that it doesn't prompt when beginning a torrent like Bitcommet does. You know, when you automatically download a torrent and it let's you select which files you want to leech? I thought that was pretty convinient in Bit Commet

It does that for me. Make sure you have "Show Dialog when Adding New Torrents" checked in the Settings.

Another vote for utorrent here. I love it.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I love µTorrent too. The only thing I do not like about it is that it doesn't prompt when beginning a torrent like Bitcommet does. You know, when you automatically download a torrent and it let's you select which files you want to leech? I thought that was pretty convinient in Bit Commet

It does that for me. Make sure you have "Show Dialog when Adding New Torrents" checked in the Settings.

I do have that option turned on :)

Are you using the latest (the very very latest) build?

I'm using 1.4 stable; I won't even think about messing with a beta.

Why not? What's with this common belief that betas shouldn't be touched, no matter what? They aren't as crash-prone as you seem to think.

I think I'll stick with Azureus at least for a while longer.

I've heard some poeple complain of it being a memory hog, but I've found it never takes any more than 60 mb of ram.

The tracker I use has banned BitComet 0.58 and higher because of the privacy flag issue. I have no idea why anyone would ban Azureus.

utorrent has a bunch of new features coming, if it's good enough I might consider giving it a go.

Why not? What's with this common belief that betas shouldn't be touched, no matter what? They aren't as crash-prone as you seem to think.

don't know; I just don't feel like it's necessary

Azuruse for me takes up as much as 20MB for me.

I find it freaky, and when i just have it running it's like, 100 kb.

What's the beef with Java though Agozer? Got some sort of hate on for Sun Micro?

Perhaps my dislike for Java-based applications isn't on strong ground anymore since I do recognize the good points that Azureus has... even though it needs more than one process apart from its own to function properly.

Actually Azureus runs self contained now, one single process. The VM isn't around hogging up memory of it's own ontop of Azureus.

With the advent of Java 2, everything seems alot more decentralized from your OS and far more stable than previous Java versions. I've completely uninstalled Java before to make sure I got a clean update, I do this with everything now because too many things screw up with "updates".