BitTorrent question

Darken

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to configure the client to work with a proxy before you can start downloading stuff. That's why all clients have specific settings tab for proxy-related stuff.

with the utorrent..... how do i write the proxy and the port....

like this : 00.00.00:0000

or : 00.00.00 0000

You need to configure the client to work with a proxy before you can start downloading stuff. That's why all clients have specific settings tab for proxy-related stuff.

with the utorrent..... how do i write the proxy and the port....

like this : 00.00.00:0000

or : 00.00.00 0000

If there is only a single box for typing both the proxy and the port then you type 00.00.00:0000.

this is my firs time to use it so :

which progrm is the best and how to use it what the fast speed you can get ?

I use utorrent because my private forum has recommended it since November:

We have stuck to utorrent as its ONLY client to create non-dht & private torrents, other clients report false positives we know this as fact! Too many are throwing off utorrent without fully understanding it & why we need to use  No one is forcing you to use as client to seed/download but we are recomending that you use it to create torrents. Clients banned at tracker level are Azureus and BitComet, any other clients you would like to use to seed and download are your personal choice

alot of torrent sites banned azeurus and bitcomet because of some glitch or something, what was the glitch exactly? im still not really sure

In the case of BitComet, I think it was something about the client ignoring the so called "privacy flag" or something. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that BitComet can connect to private trackers without any authentication.

Azureus respects private torrents provided the torrent is created properly. As for being a memory hog, I'll agree it does use a considerable ammount, but I'm not worried by a program I WANT to use making use of a substantial ammount of memory, it's the stuff I'd rather not be using that bothers me (Like Explorer, which is why I use Directory Opus).......it's all in preference.

What's the beef with Java though Agozer? Got some sort of hate on for Sun Micro?

I'm going to check out this UTorrent however, but it's far newer than other proven clients and I'm used to Azureus. Unless it amazes me somehow, it'll probably end up deleted.

Azureus does create non DHT/Private torrents. Wherever that tracker is that is banning it for that reason, doesn't know what they're talking about. I've created plenty of private torrents and never once had a DHT connection come through on one.

What's the beef with Java though Agozer? Got some sort of hate on for Sun Micro?

Hm, personal bad experiences with Java-related programs (they either consumed too much memory, were slow in some areas or simply tapped into my computer to such an extent that removing them borke something in my system.

Perhaps my dislike for Java-based applications isn't on strong ground anymore since I do recognize the good points that Azureus has... even though it needs more than one process apart from its own to function properly.

Still, bad memories tend to stay, and it's not like there aren't plenty of alternatives. I'd switch from BitComet to µTorrent this instant if certain anime trackers wouldn't ban the client.

µTorrent is quite amazing because it doesn't rely any other files besides its main executable. It doesn't even need installing - just click on the EXE you downloaded and the client starts.

Yeah, I love µTorrent too. The only thing I do not like about it is that it doesn't prompt when beginning a torrent like Bitcommet does. You know, when you automatically download a torrent and it let's you select which files you want to leech? I thought that was pretty convinient in Bit Commet

Yeah, I love µTorrent too. The only thing I do not like about it is that it doesn't prompt when beginning a torrent like Bitcommet does. You know, when you automatically download a torrent and it let's you select which files you want to leech? I thought that was pretty convinient in Bit Commet

Well, you can tell µTorrent not to download certain files after you've added the full batch to the download queue.

The RSS feed option is awesome too.