Next Gen for Nintendo

Shoma

And what do you mean another 3rd place console when you speak of graphics prowess?

BOTH PS2 and Xbox are technically inferior in terms of raw hardware to the Gamecube, anyone who tries to state otherwise isn't aware of the technical aspects of all 3 systems.

Xbox keeps up and surpasses occassionaly due to it's hard drive being there for caching, and a some pixel shader extensions in the GPU that best Flipper.

Cube and Xbox OFF paper are pretty much "on par", but the PS2 is way off the god damn radar.

I doubt Revolution will be as underpowered as is currently speculated. Theres more confirmed to be part of the system than just it's GPU and CPU (Which btw no technical details have been released about). We know already that it will have a DSP solely for the purpose of physics calculations and such......that right there takes some load off the CPU. You can't go by sheer TERAFLOPS of the CPU or GPU or combined to judge what a system can do, and even those figures alone are inaccurate at best.

Also note that just because a system has said raw power, doesn't mean developers #1 Know how to utilize it #2 CAN utilize it. I think Revo will get more utilization of it's resources due to it apparantly being quite similar to Gamecube. 360 and PS3 developers have to start from scratch again........go find what John Carmack already stated about developing for the 360, go check some reviews on Quake 4 for 360. Just because the power is there, doesn't make it easy to tap.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hexter it looks wierd, but everyone said it ended up feeling natural.

btw,

the main issue that most developers have been toying with is that the next gen (360 ps3) aren't that much of an upgrade from the current gen.

so honestly, if the rev has Gc capabilities i'm quite happy.

Well......

After messing around with my "computer dicitionary", I kinda understand what IJTF_Cinder is saying....

TO be put bluntly, Revo just may surprise us all and take da lead.

I've been a nintendo fan ever since the nes, so im gonna keep rooting for those jap bastards to really "rip it" this time.

W/O knowing the specs, the revo has alreadly excelled in origanality and has a new look that will attract non-hardcore-gamers

Well......

After messing around with my "computer dicitionary", I kinda understand what IJTF_Cinder is saying....

I've been a nintendo fan ever since the nes, so im gonna keep rooting for those jap bastards to really "rip it" this time.

W/O knowing the specs, the revo has alreadly excelled in origanality and has a new look that will attract non-hardcore-gamers

Nintendo has always excelled in origanality in my book.

Even though sometimes they can screw up (IE: Power glove!)

Edited by Drake

Hexter it looks wierd, but everyone said it ended up feeling natural.

btw,

the main issue that most developers have been toying with is that the next gen (360 ps3) aren't that much of an upgrade from the current gen.

so honestly, if the rev has Gc capabilities i'm quite happy.

Similar too how the PS3 controller looks like ass yet feels comfortably well.

Well......

Nintendo has always excelled in origanality in my book.

Even though sometimes they can screw up (IE: Power glove!)

well, considering the amount of innovations they've made, i forgive them power glove, rob and virtual boy.