Halo 2 Coming to PC and is Vista Only

Wizard

K`dash is very excited about halo 2.

Of course, personally, I love the Halo games. It's just the rep it has recieved over the past 5 years it's gained as an "XBOX LOLOLOLOLO GMAE NOT ON PC!"

Then theres people like Cinder who constantly bash Windows operating systems, yes sure, people are like him too, but that doesn't bother me alot.

What's down is, Windows is a major player, and I like playing games on a PC that doesn't require EMULATING THE WINDOWS OS ITSELF (HEED TO LINUX USERS).

Linux is as powerful and as useless as you can make it. Which is why I don't use it. While I love tweaking the shiet out of my computer, I can't sit down and take the time tweaking Linux for my own personal needs.

Unless it's for a server. Because those are easy to set up.

And this IS gaming news. Because we rarely get stuff like. Everything between now and various game trade shows is the only thing gunning for "gaming" news.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone answer my questions about halo pc?!!

regardless.

the whole direction windows is taking will probably force you to pay for EVERYTHING you do.

and i don't like that.

they're putting far too much control in vista, heck i've heard software can't be developed for vista without a licence.

Edited by Elazul Yagami

can anyone answer my questions about halo pc?!!

regardless.

the whole direction windows is taking will probably force you to pay for EVERYTHING you do.

and i don't like that.

they're putting far too much control in vista, heck i've heard software can't be developed for vista without a licence.

It's alright. I'd rather play it on XBOX, and I'm a diehard PC FPS player. The PC port runs surprisingly crappy on some machines. The mouse and keyboard doesn't really add to much on the PC. Multiplayer was fun over the Internet with it though. Multiplayer is where I think the Halo series really shines. I was never taken with the single player for various reasons but goddamn it's fun when playing with friends. Yes, I don't hate Halo anymore. :P

It's alright. I'd rather play it on XBOX, and I'm a diehard PC FPS player. The PC port runs surprisingly crappy on some machines. The mouse and keyboard doesn't really add to much on the PC. Multiplayer was fun over the Internet with it though. Multiplayer is where I think the Halo series really shines. I was never taken with the single player for various reasons but goddamn it's fun when playing with friends. Yes, I don't hate Halo anymore. :P

Gearbox did a very poor, but not a bad job porting it over to PC. While I prefer it on PC because of the more content of avaliablity and, whoo - ONLINE PLAY, the Xbox version is better overall. But lacks the fundementals that would make it great.

PC version has alot of issues they needed to address, but you can tell they just gave up half way.

hell, the coolest thing about the xbox version was the co op play.

what kind of system is needed to run it?

Pentium III 733Mhz

· Windows 98/ME/2000/XP with 128 MB of RAM

· 1.2 GB HD Space

· 32 MB Video Card

· DirectX 9.0 or later

· Sound card & speakers/headphones

· 56.6 kbps modem or LAN for online multiplayer

· Broadband to host games

hell, the coolest thing about the xbox version was the co op play.

what kind of system is needed to run it?

Pentium III 733Mhz

· Windows 98/ME/2000/XP with 128 MB of RAM

· 1.2 GB HD Space

· 32 MB Video Card

· DirectX 9.0 or later

· Sound card & speakers/headphones

· 56.6 kbps modem or LAN for online multiplayer

· Broadband to host games

Ill just go out on a limb to say thats very modest, and that Halo PC consumes a lot more resources than its graphics technically should.