Halo 2 Coming to PC and is Vista Only

Wizard

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't touch Vista with a 10 foot pole. Any OS that requires the latest and greatest in hardware, is bloatware. An Operating System is there to provide an interface to the hardware and some general useability. Additional software is where higher requirements should play in.

Screw Windows Vista.

Yes and a newer video card is a requirement for it's visual aspects. You shouldn't need a hardware accellerated video card of mid-high range capability to run your OS.

Vista is going to eat up so much resources even on the latest hardware when it ships, that Halo 2 will barely run at it's full potential FFS. I guarantee it.

Then throw in it's sandboxing DRM and Secure-HD bullshit.........They better change their tune drastically, or the crowd of users they have that is capable of using other OS' (Linux, BSD etc) will just say screw it and ditch Windows as much as they possibly can. Me for instance, I'll keep XP for what I need and thats it. Linux will take over as my primary OS, in contrast to it being my secondary OS atm.

Will Vista require DX10 cards? I know it's going to ship with that but I'm sure it won't be required to upgrade. However, what's this buisness about having a protected monitor to view DRM videos? That sucks.

Will Vista require DX10 cards? I know it's going to ship with that but I'm sure it won't be required to upgrade. However, what's this buisness about having a protected monitor to view DRM videos? That sucks.

Yep, you'll need a new monitor to view secure media in Vista. So pretty much, to use Vista.....you'll need new EVERYTHING.

Yep, you'll need a new monitor to view secure media in Vista. So pretty much, to use Vista.....you'll need new EVERYTHING.

that sucks; I hope emulator authors continue to code emulators that run on win32 API and linux, because this whole Vista thing doesn't look too good at all :unsure: Edited by Weirdy

From what I aware of it should still work with some older GFX cards and some current ones.

We will find out for sure when the OS is close to being released.

I am waiting until the latest beta ( RC1, RC2 ) to test then it should be known what GFX cards it will work with.