Halo 2 Coming to PC and is Vista Only

Wizard

No they don't, I have a 128MB Radeon 8500. http://www.ati.com/products/radeon8500/radeon8500128/

I didn't think they made cards with only 64MB of memory anymore........eeek

Ah, in that case your video card will still be BETTER than mine! :unsure:

I don't think they do any longer; the 64 MB X300 came with my computer which I bought ten months ago!

It's not integrated, is it?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than yours in one respect, worse in another.

That X300 obviously has less ram which equates to less texture and geometry storage space, so you'll likely have more swapping than I.....but more main memory solves that.

The X300 is more powerful processing wise than my 8500 however, so with having less graphics memory and plenty of system RAM.......it'd still outperform my card a good bit.

Ah, in that case your video card will still be BETTER than mine!  :blink:

I don't think they do any longer; the 64 MB X300 came with my computer which I bought ten months ago!

It's not integrated, is it?

No, I seriously doubt even a 64 MB Radeon X300 would be integrated since I can run Doom 3 at 60 FPS on the lowest settings. Half-Life 2 runs fine at 72 FPS on the lowest settings too. Even Onimusha 3:Demon Siege runs fine on the lowest settings on my video card.

Could my 512 MB of RAM be helping that much? :unsure:

I myself am thinking of trying Ubuntu once my media arrives (I know I can download free, but don't feel like it atm). If I like it, I wouldn't consider a permanent switch until linux has hardware support for 2D and 3D.

I downloaded Knoppix but I get some stupid module error when it's trying to detect my hardware.

Edited by Weirdy

I don't care really. Windows is windows, and games are on Windows. Does that mean I'll be getting Windows Vista? Yes, but am I paying for it? No, is it going to be legit? Most likely.