sfa3 for psp

i don't have it yet, but it was one of the only reason i got a psp, but i was wondering what people thought or if anyone got it yet. i've been digging around for a good honest review but have found little. i just don't trust most of the gaming sites out there might as well be adds in my eyes. but after darkstalkers i'm a little wary of picking up another fighter for the psp. fighting games aren't fun 1player only. i can't seem to find any info on whether sfa3 is just adhoc only or if it has infrastructure mode. the damn sites just say wifi multiplayer, lol nice and vauge. i know about kai, but really have any of you got darkstalkers or lumines(yes this isn't a fighter but the only other game worth playing) to work on it yet? i love kai and all but for somethings it just not really good for. Any how I know some out there must know something, do we even get a dpad in the us, or is that japan only.

If your going to get sfa3 make sure your psp is up to date because it won't work on older versions. Also, I aggree with you that the only 2 descent games out right now for the psp are DarkStalkers and Lumenis. But the majority of the new capcom games coming out are the next batch of worthy games in my eyes, including sfa3.

i think the other reason i want it is that for a while now my psp been a pretty expensive brick in my house or work bag. i just want to put some mileage on it. i know the good games are coming but the waits killing me. as far as upgrading i think I’ve come to grips with it. at this point i want some newer games, lol funny how i call alpha a new game ( i need help i'm just too addicted to street fighter). oh man, but i'm hoping psp will have some ff tactics and vandalharts like action soon (in English)

when i do breakdown and get it though i'll let you all know how its.

The controls suck for SFA3, but you have to get used to using the PSP's joystick. I myself am still in a rut between having to upgrade and play this game or stick with my homebrews and other things (heh heh heh). I told myself that if Tekken comes out with it, then i'll upgrade for sure.

So I did it, I told my self I would wait but I did it anyways, yes I need help, but here are my thoughts, it really is damn good for what it is. I really thought it would be okay. The dpad blows but you already know this, if you can get that capcom pad I say do it. I just like being able to go out and physically pick up a game I want without having to wait and deal with shipping and handling fees. If you get over this you will start to enjoy it much much more. I was able to pull off my moves and combos. Jumping forward and backwards was a little tuff. Any one with dark stalkers knows this. Ryu felt like Ryu, Adon is still Adon. the modes rock, there is no wireless network (play through the interweb not ad hoc), not at all. Not even though Kai with an ssid app. Now the main hurdle is to find someone near me who has both. But to sum it up.

If ur Streetfighter psycho, you need this is worth it. If your not I would forget it. It plays 110 times better than any sf being emulated on the psp, but really it’s the same game. With some bells. If it really had true wifi then it would have been a must have but it doesn’t. if team xlink really comes through with a good psp tunneling system like they say they are then I would comeback to it. That said anyone know if there’s anyplace besides ebay that might sell those damn d-pads from capcom.

AndymaN, you might have your wish bro i herd something from either ign or one of the psp sites but i guess they are making a tekken for it.

Edited by 28

Yeah i've been reading up on that, and i'm hearing "rumors" floating around that they will have a Tekken for PSP. Which Tekken could it possibly be? Hopefully an all new one just for the PSP but with all the great playable characters. Question is, was it really worth leaving all those 'backup' isos behind?

yea that was a tuff one one man, i really did enjoy my backups, it's funny now i have all this space on my 1 gig card just seems too much space. if you can find a demo of the game you really have to try variable mode. it breaths new life into alpha, really a must try man, but to answer your question......no, i want to say yes but to be honest no. i mean most of the games i wanted are Japanese and too big but there were some gems out there taiko for one and GO was another, they were good games i really wish i could pick up a copy here in the US. i know if i was in NY i could pop down to my local china town but i'm no where near one where I am ( I just don’t like online stores). But to tell you the truth it seemed that the games I really wanted to try weren’t working with the iso emu, working but no wifi, or were just too big, eventually I knew I would breakdown and upgrade at some point. Then most of the games I did try just weren’t good. But if you can hold off man do it. More power to you man. The fact that you can stream media now makes me pretty jealous. Lol I am content, yes I am must keep telling my self that. Goodtimes.

now if they made soulcaibur for psp i would never ever question an upgrade. that would be sick, ahh the dreams.

Edited by 28

lol, dump the isos. The new games are worth every cent of it.

And there are good games coming up in the US (or already released)

WWE SVR2006

MEgaman Maverick Hunter X

Samurai Warriors (coming soon)

Exit (coming soon)

GG Judgement (coming soon)

GTA

And mods, pls move this to the Playstation Portable section.

Thanks