Metal Gear Solid PC

Sturmvogel

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I found someone say on a message board about the game:

My laptop, a 3 week old Fujitsu seimens, AMD Mobile Athlon 4000+ 2.6ghz with 1gb ram and a brill graphics card, despite having such qualities resulted in a ailureto start up the game. The graphics were blocky despite adjusting it to the highest settings,the keyboard response was downright atrocious with s single button press lasting for 5 seconds (as i experieced in VR mode) and the main game had the old: Insert CD1 message that everyone has been shouting about.

HOWEVER, There in the corner of my parents bedroom lies my 6 year old desktop, my old DELL Pentium 3 600mhz, 128 ram with a bog standard graphics card and guess what? it blew up!!!

ONLY JOKING, In fact the game ran amazingly effieciently and the keyboard response was superb. The graphics looked better than on my laptop and there were no glitches encountered at all!!!

It appears downgrading had worked for me. It could be possible that like many other older games, certain newer machines won't run this game as it should, particularly laptops as i have discovered.

I have this and I have this to say about it.......

PC version is smoother looking than the PSX version, period. The graphics just look better.

Theres no copy protection on the game per-say. As far as I remember you DO need the disc in the drive, be it real or a virtual drive. I think it requires some files that remain on the disc even with a full install.

If the game is blocky looking, play the damn PSX version if you can't remember how blocky that was. Compared to todays games (And MGS2) it's VERY blocky, Snake doesn't have a face FFS....just a blur really. It should still look crisper and smoother however. Having a newer machine is irellevant, even my PC is far beyond the minimum requirements for this game. This isn't a DOS game we're talking about, where the HAL is an issue.