In Heaven Everything Is Fine...Or is it?

Wizard

Remember that dude who macked on the PS3? He got fired.

Bold is PS3week to differenciate in this post

Today's interview confirms that Robinson lost his job at Sony as a result of the article. He discusses his dismissal from Sony, his new job, the genesis of the PS3 article, and the reactions to the story from around the web.

You made some pretty big waves, at least in the gaming press, with your article about PS3 development. Tell us how your life has changed since that article, and what you’re working on now.

Yea I can’t believe how out of control everything got. It’s absolutely absurd how the internet can take something relatively harmless and turn it into something so insane.

Let me first just say, all I really did was write a few paragraphs that gave my opinion on publicly released information. I never actually released any information. After reading my small article the reader is not any more informed about the PS3 than he was before the article. I didn’t reveal any tech info and I didn’t reveal different shipping plans. I’m still in awe at the whole uproar over what amounts to NO information.

[...]

Did I knowingly break NDA? I absolutely did not. I would never do that and I would never want to hurt Sony Online. Did I dance in the grey area by even opening my mouth? Yes I did and I was fired for it. So I guess the new rule for me is, don’t ever say anything at all about anything. Ever...ever.