FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread feels a little off track at the moment. +T+ is there any chance the bootlegs will work with the encypted c roms?

iq has informed me that real bootleg boards do not use SNK encrypted C ROMs. So all bootleg sets should have their own C ROMs. A confirmed list of these was recently posted over at the RS forums so expect some changes to several of the bootleg sets in the next build (as well as some new additions).

This also means that the graphics corruption should no longer be an issue since the true bootleg C ROMs do not require the same kind of decryption or S ROM extraction.

All being well, the new build should be ready in the next day or so.

FBA-XXX Pro v1.07

=============

- Updated supported bootleg sets based on the latest information. (thanks to Ferchogtx)

- The following sets have been added:

ms4boot

ms5boot

kof2k1bl

kf2k1pls

kf2k1pla

kf2k2spr

kf2k2plb

kf2k3exa

- No more corrupted graphics in ms4plus, ms5plus, kf2k2mp, and kf2k2mp2.

- Removed unobtainable mslug5 M ROM. (game runs fine without it)

- Added encrypted M ROMs to decrypted C sets. (this is correct for these sets since ideally only the C ROMs should be decrypted)

Enjoy!

FBA-XXX Pro v1.07

=============

- Updated supported bootleg sets based on the latest information. (thanks to Ferchogtx)

- The following sets have been added:

ms4boot

ms5boot

kof2k1bl

kf2k1pls

kf2k1pla

kf2k2spr

kf2k2plb

kf2k3exa

- No more corrupted graphics in ms4plus, ms5plus, kf2k2mp, and kf2k2mp2.

- Removed unobtainable mslug5 M ROM. (game runs fine without it)

- Added encrypted M ROMs to decrypted C sets. (this is correct for these sets since ideally only the C ROMs should be decrypted)

Enjoy!

;) so many updates!!! i'm not used to this...

-t- is there any chance of having fbaxxx pro save under it's own file on e drive instead of sharing with older fbaxxx? i still have fbaxxx 08-26-05 & fbaxxx pr and don't wish to delete them yet. do these interfear with each other?

also, any chance of adding the number of roms on the each menu screens similar to the 08-26-05 version.

keep up with the good work.

+ T + i think theres an error on the ms4boot v1 crc as the one i can find goes by 8CB5A9EF while the dat wants 8CB5AE9F

tristanx i think its high time you updated to the latest, you could always grab my post on newsgroup of 1.06 romset and later today i'll post a 1.07 update that will have par2s to fix the 1.06 romset to 1.07 ;)

-t- is there any chance of having fbaxxx pro save under it's own file on e drive instead of sharing with older fbaxxx? i still have fbaxxx 08-26-05 & fbaxxx pr and don't wish to delete them yet. do these interfear with each other?

also, any chance of adding the number of roms on the each menu screens similar to the 08-26-05 version.

I think it's a bit late in the day to change FBA-XXX Pro's default save directory. It would be a massive headache for people that have existing savegames and such. You can however change the default directory yourself by opening the default.xbe in a hex editor, searching for the values 04 05 FF FF, and changing them to whatever you like. The new save folder will have the same name as these values but in reverse (ffff0504 in the example above).

As for the ROM counter. I removed it to cut down clutter because I couldn't see the point of it. But since some people such as yourself obviously use it for something I'll re-add it in the next build. ;)

+T+, did any of that info on the mvsc bug help, or would you like me to post code snippets from the MAME source?

I did take a look at the MAME source as you indicated in your post. But I really have no idea how that code would fit into into FBA's CPS sprite rendering routines. I'm afraid it would need to be FBA code to be of any use.