FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

I have an HDTV so I'll do some more testing today. I'll try those two games you mentioned as well as mslugbl that STL25 said he was having problems with. The main problem with me doing testing is my Xbox has 128 MB of RAM, so there is no way to be sure that mine will behave the same anyway. So it would be helpful if we could get some more people to test these games out too.

mslugbl uses bootleg sound ROMs so if the parent set is fine then this could just be the way the set sounds.

Quick question regarding NEO GEO rom kf2k4spl.zip. Upon launch of the rom I am taken to the input test screen. I have been unable to successfully launch and play this rom. Is there a specific bios setting required to start this rom as I start will autobios disabled(off).

I'll look into correcting that.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here's what I've found so far:

kf2k4spl.zip does indeed not boot correctly. I tried different combinations of BIOS' and MVS/AES settings and nothing worked. When using the normal BIOS it just boots into the Cross Hatch test screen.

mslugbl does have audio problems. Even just running at 480p with Simple2X and default audio options. The problem usually occurs when firing a weapon... the sound of the gun firing will have a lot of static for a couple of seconds. I did not try the parent yet.

I ran MSH vs SF and X-Men vs SF in HD and I didn't hear any audio glitches. I know over on Xbox-Scene some people were saying these games had glitches about once every minute, but I played each for at least 5 minutes in HD and never heard a single problem.

STL25

My Xbox is a standard Xbox which has been upgraded to 128 MB, it is not a debug/dev box. I really don't know why you can't boot it off the hard drive. You may want to ask over at XBox-Scene.

Edited by Thraxen

Thraxen/+T+

I appreciate the quick replies from each of you. I actually just kinda bumped into these problems while testing each roms loading sequence. I just thought with kf2k4spl.zip maybe I was retarded and was doing something wrong. As for mslugbl I thought maybe there was something wrong with my setup or the rom itself. Again thanks for the quick response and I appreciate this great emu.

Gogo's version of FBA-XXX has huge sound issues when run in 480p, 720P, or 1080i. He only got rid of the crackling static every 30 seconds for 480I, so if you have an HDTV, PRO's sound code should be left the way it is.

I haven't noticed any sound issues with the three games mentioned and I played for like 15 minutes each. And +T+ the only sound issues I have are when I use Simple 4X or HQ2X or something. Great work pal.

I use fba-xxx src to change a few key shotcurt. Maybe someones here wants same request for its xbox arcade home based.

line 1106 in fba.cpp

change wPressedButtons by wButtons :

(arcadetype && (m_DefaultGamepad.wPressedButtons & XINPUT_GAMEPAD_START) && m_DefaultGamepad.bPressedAnalogButtons[XINPUT_GAMEPAD_BLACK] && m_DefaultGamepad.bPressedAnalogButtons[XINPUT_GAMEPAD_WHITE])) && ((nReplayStatus & 0xFFFF) != 2))

to

(arcadetype && (m_DefaultGamepad.wButtons & XINPUT_GAMEPAD_START) && m_DefaultGamepad.bAnalogButtons[XINPUT_GAMEPAD_BLACK] && m_DefaultGamepad.bAnalogButtons[XINPUT_GAMEPAD_WHITE])) && ((nReplayStatus & 0xFFFF) != 2))

in game i can use start, black and white pressed keys mapping to go into menu and so never used gamepad. Before i need to press three pad at same time and it's not easy to do in game.

Maybe you can re-activate arcadetype bool inside UI menu that enable this (i think in fba pro this params is not used)

thx

I am using the latest version of pro, when I try to change the video mode to anything other then 480i it locks up and I have to reboot my xbox. When I do play in 480i the screen is very big and I only get the top corner on my tv. I have widescreen selected and all video modes selected in my xbox settings and I am connected with component wires. The regular fba works on 1080i but I want to use the pro version.

Thanks for all the reports everyone.

The sound glitches in mslugbl are almost certainly an issue with the driver and nobody else is reporting problems with any other games so it would seem to me that, for the time being at least, Pro's sound code should be left as it is.

Maybe you can re-activate arcadetype bool inside UI menu that enable this (i think in fba pro this params is not used)

thx

I'll look into this.

I am using the latest version of pro, when I try to change the video mode to anything other then 480i it locks up and I have to reboot my xbox. When I do play in 480i the screen is very big and I only get the top corner on my tv. I have widescreen selected and all video modes selected in my xbox settings and I am connected with component wires. The regular fba works on 1080i but I want to use the pro version.

I really don't know why different HD modes work for some people and not for others. But it seems to be a problem in FBA-XXX just as much as Pro, which would make sense considering there should be no differences at all in the video code of the two builds. The only thing I could really do to address this issue would be to go back to the video code from v1.26 but I think it would be wiser to just wait and see what happens with the official build.

I have another error to report...

Metal Slug 6 (mslug3b6) has scrambled text. The game runs fine otherwise.

mslug 6.. is that a hack of another mslug game..

thraxen i'll send you the skin as soon as i finish it.. been kinda busy :rolleyes:

fbaxxxpro720p.jpg.xs.jpg

Edited by GLiTcH

GLiTcH, that's an amazing looking skin.

When it's finished would you be at all interested in having it be the FBA-XXX Pro default skin? (with full credit to you of course)

Even if not I would still very much like it for my own use if you don't mind. :(