FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

Hey +T+, glad to see your alive :blink: Just thought I'd post my latest list of bugs:

1) Reset ROM is still not working

2) Scrolling through the gamelist with the left joystick is WAY too fast now

3) Using HD locks system, although I believe this is a problem with FBA-XXX and not Pro

Other than that all is perfect. Take care and thanks for the update ;)

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3) Using HD locks system, although I believe this is a problem with FBA-XXX and not Pro

Yes that's correct. But my understanding is that if your Xbox is set to widescreen then HD modes should work fine.

I'll look into those other issues.

As for the question of CPS2 decryption. I'll give it a go though I suspect memory will be the biggest obstacle there.

Finally, are you sure that the pl2ex.06 from pzloop2 actually has this CRC: cb72ad91? I can't find that file anywhere. Even a Google search only turns up 2 results for that CRC and both results were for the same "readme.txt" file.

These errors appear to be in the ClrMamePro DAT as well.

Just an update on this error. The CRC listed for pl2ex.06 in Pro is actually the CRC or the readme.txt that was distributed with the XOR files originally. It looks like someone just copied the wrong line. Check it out:

crc.png

for + T +,

I am trying to use your latest release FBA-XXX PRO 1.27 on a DEBUG XBOX. However I keep getting an error loading xbox executable. Any ideas as to why this is? FBA-XXX PRO is optimized for 128 MB Xboxes right? I really love this emu just trying to experience it with double the ram as it slows down in HD on a 64 MB box. Thanks in advance.

Edited by STL25

It looks like someone just copied the wrong line.

Yep, that someone would be me. :rolleyes:

I am trying to use your latest release FBA-XXX PRO 1.27 on a DEBUG XBOX. However I keep getting an error loading xbox executable. Any ideas as to why this is? FBA-XXX PRO is optimized for 128 MB Xboxes right? I really love this emu just trying to experience it with double the ram as it slows down in HD on a 64 MB box. Thanks in advance.

FBA-XXX Pro has exactly the same support for 128Mb Xboxes as FBA-XXX which as far as I know is pretty good. Other than that I don't know what to tell you having never been near a debug Xbox in my life. Sorry.

Yes that's correct. But my understanding is that if your Xbox is set to widescreen then HD modes should work fine.

I'll look into those other issues.

As for the question of CPS2 decryption. I'll give it a go though I suspect memory will be the biggest obstacle there.

I wouldn't bother with adding CPS2 decryption, not so much the memory problem, but because of the speed. It will take quite a while to decrypt. However, if you do, I would suggest making it save a .xor to the hdd on the first run. While this will take up some hdd space, it will greatly reduce load times after the first load.

I believe I'll take that advice. I wasn't having much luck with the code anyway.

Do you know if any of the PC FBA builds save the XORs. It would be great to add their CRCs to the drivers of all the CPS2 sets that now work with the decryption code.

Thanks iq.

FBA-XXX Pro v 1.28

=============

- Added all the new and updated Others drivers from FBA 0.2.96.1 (http://www.barryharris.me.uk). These include some entirely new supported games. (see below)

- Fixed Reset Game function.

- Fixed Auto-Bios defaulting to AES.

- Corrected some DAT errors.

- Some minor ROM updates.

- The following sets have been added:

sf2uk

sfach

daisenpu

batsugna

suprmanj

theroes

outzoneb

outzonec

truxton

zerowing

hellfire

hellfir1

hellfir2

gtstarba

afighter

alexkidd

alexkid1

fantzone

quartet

quart2

shinobi

timescan

donpachk

s1945k

cookbib2

cookbib3

moremore

moremorp

3in1semi

toppyrap

twinkle

4in1boot

newsa

solomonj

Enjoy!

+ T +

Edited by + T +

The 1.28 version is concerned by mini sound glitches.....I've already noticed on the last pro versions but you don't resolve this problem....

GogoAckman has repaired this sound problem in the release of january but i think you don't have noticed that your pro version is touched by some sound glitghs which occured all 2-5 minutes.....

This fact gives Gogo's version a high interest because the sound in NG games for instnace is more agreable without these mini sound glitches.....

Bye :rolleyes:

Once again, will you please be more specific. In which games are you hearing sound glitches?

You previously reported them in two games which I tested and found had no glitches at all. And then, if I understand correctly, you posted saying you deleted your savegame and everything was fine.

I don't have time to go through a list of games testing for glitches so if you are going to report a bug you're going to have to tell me exactly how I can reproduce it.

Is anybody else noticing sound problems with any games?

these glitches appear in games such blue's journey, alpha mission2, ninja commando......this is the same pb like sound problemes like gogo's version in last august.....

the last time i said you it's ok but i sait it because i return to gogo's version which run fine....you have surely modified something in sound parameters and it occured minor glitchs in sound......

THE MOST NOTICEABLE IS THAT anybody had noticed in august the minor sound glitchs but they exist and Gogo has completed to resolve them but it is not the case in your version.......

these glitchs occured every 2-5 minutes and they aren't no long......

A++

sorry for english but i'm french :)

Edited by bilippe