FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know its been a while but believe it or not, i just grabbed the latest the other day and finished getting the updated roms heh. thought i'd test a few that clrmame said were a problem (even tho romcenter sees everything good) and only one came out with a problem, samsh5bl.

the romset set cameout fine but when loaded in fba-xxx pro, it gives me a bank error. i know tis shouldn't be a big deal since the parent/decrypted work fine but i thought i'd mention it anyway and ask if theres been any new progress with the emu?

So are they still making builds of fbaxxx Pro? Has the source been released? Is anyone here actively compiling their own builds of FBAX?

Reason I ask has to do with the PSP. If you know a way to contact the coders responsible for FBAXXX, or anyone capable of creating new versions of FBAX using the source, Id like for you to take a look at the source-code used for a set of nice emulators that run on the PSP (CPS1psp, CPS2psp, MVSPSP).

http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html#download

Take a look at that source code and see if it is familiar. I have a strong feeling that other emulators can be branched off using this code to support:

Raizing, Cave, Toeplan, Psikyo roms (each being a separate emulator). Even a Konami emu that would support turtles, simpsons, xmen, etc.

I just think it wouldn't be a lot of work to import code used in MAME or FBA, etc into the PSP source above to compile a separate emulator to run more games.

If you have a way of contacting Gogo, Lantus, Xport, etc, send them the code just to see if it is possible and relatively easy to do. I don't speak japanese and have no way of contacting the original coder to suggest this.

-neocvera

I ve already tried to code on PSP (you can find the philips RC6 or RC5 remote controller on my site (if it still exists)), but the way you re supposed to code on psp (with unofficial tools) is just a pain in the ass, cygwin etc... no way for me.

I ve already tried to code on PSP (you can find the philips RC6 or RC5 remote controller on my site (if it still exists)), but the way you re supposed to code on psp (with unofficial tools) is just a pain in the ass, cygwin etc... no way for me.

Well if my theory is correct, i would say that most of the work is already done, you would simply have to import the cpus from (for example) the "others" section of fbaxxx or whatever - or just the CAVE set and compile accordingly.

Did you even take a look at the source to see the possibilities?

Well if my theory is correct, i would say that most of the work is already done, you would simply have to import the cpus from (for example) the "others" section of fbaxxx or whatever - or just the CAVE set and compile accordingly.

Did you even take a look at the source to see the possibilities?

Yes, I did -> mame sources, and yes you can import other things (many arcade machines uses A6800 and Z80), I am just totally not interested by the PSP (not interested at all in many things now).

As for an fbaxxx update that would add support, why not, IQ has done apparently a great job with a new rumble function that would work on metal slug, I have corrected some things on the HDTV selector since I now have an HDTV, maybe time for a release this week, I ll see.

Just let me know gogo :shootem: I have hsf2 added and the rumble code works quite well now -- 32 slots for rumble addresses, 8 per player, it can easily be extended to more. I've shortened the rumble load code, substantially, and implemented it in a much cleaner way (it works on all 68k-based systems without a custom implementation for all of them).

• 4 weeks later...