FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

+ T +:

The beta menu works great so far, but I still have one major concern.

In all of the versions before 1.17 when beta was added, I turned off all of the menus, resulting in them merging into 1 big menu. I try doing that, and then I only see the one I'm currently in, and press L or R results in a blank list, and hard-locks the emu, and restarting the emu does nothing, and just shows an empty black screen, until I remove my settings inis...

Could you also revert it to where if you turned beta on/off, the emu restarted automatically? If not it's no big deal, since you only need to set it on/off only once.

On a side note, I'd like to say that I like the work on the beta games. The more games, the merrier! (Within reason.) Hope for TMNT to have sound soon, I appreciate the work put into the newer games.

Edit: I got some time to play around with 1.26 finally after waiting for a certain someone at a certain place to post all of the updated roms, so now I'm good to go.

* Slap Fight (just the original, no variation) is apparently missing a rom called 67805.bin (don't remember the 5 digit number offhand), so it can't load, and that particular bin file isn't in the DAT.

* None of the beta games use the background picture option, such as Galaxian -- shows a black bg instead.

* Samurai Aces (World) has this very bad screeching noise in it. Pausing in-game doesn't fix it either.

* Moon Quasar locks up the emulator when selecting Exit Game from mini-menu.

Once again, I appreciate all of the hard work that is put into this emulator, so I delibertly try to find problems before you stop working on it. I tried to get XPort to fix a few things in certain emulators, he ignored me, and then those versions sit for years on end with the certain bugs that I mention.

I have a somewhat of a strange request tho; that option to hide the variation names of the sets, with the left thumbstick, is it possible to hide all duplicates that way too? If I'm going to use that sort (I don't), then I'd like to see only one of each title instead. I'd see myself using it more or less with kisok mode, for when I have friends that don't understand all of this version stuff can just see one of each game and pick it. If this isn't possible, no big deal of course, just a friendly spur-of-the-moment suggestion.

Edited by twen

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all of the versions before 1.17 when beta was added, I turned off all of the menus, resulting in them merging into 1 big menu. I try doing that, and then I only see the one I'm currently in, and press L or R results in a blank list, and hard-locks the emu, and restarting the emu does nothing, and just shows an empty black screen, until I remove my settings inis...

Does this error exist just in Pro or does FBA-XXX have the same problem?

* Slap Fight (just the original, no variation) is apparently missing a rom called 67805.bin (don't remember the 5 digit number offhand), so it can't load, and that particular bin file isn't in the DAT.

* None of the beta games use the background picture option, such as Galaxian -- shows a black bg instead.

* Samurai Aces (World) has this very bad screeching noise in it. Pausing in-game doesn't fix it either.

* Moon Quasar locks up the emulator when selecting Exit Game from mini-menu.

The background picture option only works for games that are flagged as vertical in the drivers. None of the beta games are and they crash if this flag is added so I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about it. I'll look into those other issues.

I have a somewhat of a strange request tho; that option to hide the variation names of the sets, with the left thumbstick, is it possible to hide all duplicates that way too? If I'm going to use that sort (I don't), then I'd like to see only one of each title instead. I'd see myself using it more or less with kisok mode, for when I have friends that don't understand all of this version stuff can just see one of each game and pick it. If this isn't possible, no big deal of course, just a friendly spur-of-the-moment suggestion.

It is possible, infact I believe FBA-XXX has an ini switch to hide all clone sets and only show parent ROMs. The reason this isn't feasible in Pro is because in some cases clone sets are the only sets that work for a particular game (msh for example). So by hiding clones you'd end up with alot of non-working games. Plus I don't see why anyone would put ROMs in their ROMs folder that they don't want to show up in the emu.

Edited by + T +

I can check FBA-XXX after work, but the merging list problem has existed since the addition of the beta list.

I know the hiding clones option was retarded, I just thought of it as I was making the post, and threw the idea out there, seeing if it was just a simple addition or not.

Thanks for looking into the other issues, I appreciate it. I'll try to look for more bugs.

Edited by twen

What is eca.zip, romcenter is saying it is corrupt. I cannot find any info on it.

It's "Emergency Call Ambulance". It's not a game that FBAXXX Pro supports. It's supported in MAME, but currently non-working.

Then why is romcenter looking for it, when it scans it gives me an error, eca.zip not found. Path removed from list. I am using the data file from v 1.26. I did get eca from my mame rom set and stuck it in fba's rom folder but I kept getting file is corrupt.

I erased romcenter and started again with a fresh install and it is no longer looking for eca.zip.

Edited by badazz74

• 2 weeks later...

Good to know, I like checking here for an update; if you noticed my post count, the only topic I post is here, because this is the reason I signed up here. (Note to self, I'm on way too many forums). Can't wait for that update.

• 2 weeks later...

Having fun with FBAxxxPro !!!

:shootem:

But yet a matter with jockeygp.... no keys..... (sorry french).

Work with 1.26 (ver 09/07/2006) : numbers games work, followed the gamelist.txt, but jockeygp !!!!

Heeelp please !

8)

And thks if you write a new version !

See ya !