FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with FBAXXX Pro and Metal Slug X (mslugx.zip). I have the roms perfect (good CRC), but there is something strange : the sprites in the game move later compared to the background. I mean, when there is a scrolling, the background start to move, and some elements of the decoration (like the sign at the begining of the game) move a little later. And when the scrolling stop, the sprite stop a little later too.

I don't know if I explain well, I can make some screenshot to explain better.

The thing is that I don't have this problem with the normal FBAXXX by Gogo. I got only this with Pro and I try version 1.11, 1.12, 1.13, 1.14 and 1.15 all with the same problem (I didn't try the older version)... I try to change every emulator options or video options, with no success...

I try all others Metal Slug, with no problem... I hope I'm not the only one with that problem (I already had some strange thing with FBAXXX on my Xbox)... and hope that it can be corrected too. :P

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FBA-XXX Pro v1.16

=============

- Added HDTV support, Gamma fix, and Simple4x filter from the latest FBA-XXX. (by GogoAckman)

- Removed HDTV settings from in-game menu. (since the emu needs to restart when changing them)

- Fixed sound problems in certain NG games.

- Fixed sprite scrolling in mslugx.

- Fixed some incorrect ROM sizes.

Enjoy!

Thanks!

I have a question: I have my correct neogeo romset for 1.14 verision. If I install 1.16, I have to re-dowload romset or not? 1.14 neo geo roms works correctly also in 1.16?

Thanks

There have been a few changes from 1.14 - 1.16. Most of your 1.14 set will work, but a few will not. Plus, there have been a handful of new sets since 1.14, so you won't have those.

Anyway, this is the exact reason why using the Pro build is not for everyone. With every new build there is ususlly a few ROMS that need to be updated. Gogo's builds are for people who don't want to update their ROMS all the time. But at this point, even more of your 1.14 set would fail to work in Gogo's latest build than would fail to work in Pro 1.16.

I highly recommend you learn to use either ClrMamePro or Romcenter and the included DAT for each. These program allow you to scan and fix your ROMS. You will often need to hunt down new version of ROMS, but once you figure out where to look it's not too bad most of the time.

Of course, you could just wait for a 1.14-1.16 ROM update to appear on one of the major torrent sites... I have a feeling one might be available soon :P

thx for fixing Metal Slug X. :)

But I have some problem with other roms.

- with the romset kof2003.zip, I get a black screen instead of the intro. The set kof2k3.zip work well.

- the romset samsho5.zip gives me a protection screen (the red message). samsh5nd.zip work well.

- the romset kof2k2nd.zip is buggy in arcade mode, there is not always the sound in the intro, and the option in the service mode -> soft dip are totally buggy too. It work in console mode, and the set kof2002.zip works too.

Hope you can fix it, thx. :)

FBA-XXX Pro v1.17

=============

- Fixed black screen in kof2003/kof2003d

- Fixed samsho5.

- Fixed diagnostics mode and dipswitch settings in kof2k2nd. (P1 was incorrect)

*Note: You may need to delete your savegame and/or the kof2k2 files in the /cfg folder if you find your kof2k2nd dipswitch settings are still messed up. Alternatively you can enter diagnostics mode and set them yourself.

thx for the fixes, it works perfec!. ;)

I found another little thing, not a big problem : with some games (Blazing Star, Eight Man, Burning Fight (set 1), and there is probably others games), with unibios (I try 2.1 and 2.2) in arcade mode, when you enter the diagnostic mode, you can't move in the menu. But the games work fine. I try to remove the save but it didn't make it work.

It works with the MVS BIOS.

I didn't try those game with FBAXXX normal yet.

hi, thanks for all this updates, i have found a wierd problem when i updated from 1.14 to 1.17, i tried running kof2003nd fully decrypted and sometimes the game starts and sometime it just loads and takes me back to the game select screen, and sometimes when it does start i get a black screen.

samsho 5 fully decrypted does it too, sometimes it loads and then kicks me back to the screen and sometimes it just freezes on load.

i noticed that simple4x was added and i got a normal TV so when i was running kof2k2nd i tried it and it looked nice, then i when out and tried some other games, and all of them gave me a black screen, and they were working before, i was going crazy and i was about to cry cause my neogeo games would not display anything, so i ran any neogeo game and i was going mad when suddently i press on the

Reset screen defaults and the display was fixed :blink:

i was happy, but it freak me out cause i though something was very wrong, maybe it has to do with me turning on the simple4x in a Normal tv.

anyways thanks for the good work :banghead:

the usual places only has v1.15 not 1.16 or 1.17 -xbins

v1.17 is now on xbins. It was down over the period of the last two updates. :banghead:

I found another little thing, not a big problem : with some games (Blazing Star, Eight Man, Burning Fight (set 1), and there is probably others games), with unibios (I try 2.1 and 2.2) in arcade mode, when you enter the diagnostic mode, you can't move in the menu. But the games work fine. I try to remove the save but it didn't make it work.

It works with the MVS BIOS.

hi, thanks for all this updates, i have found a wierd problem when i updated from 1.14 to 1.17, i tried running kof2003nd fully decrypted and sometimes the game starts and sometime it just loads and takes me back to the game select screen, and sometimes when it does start i get a black screen.

I'll look into these problems. I'd also like to know if anyone else has experienced being kicked back to the gamelist screen?