FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

thanks for the 1.11a update +T+. My controls are working perfect now. I didn't have any luck with the original 1.11. I have a question about the aspect ration for some of the games though. I have a 4:3 TV and have the screen adjusted to fill the display. Most games look fine but many are vertically stretched when run at a 4:3 aspect ratio. Does FBA have some sort of aspect ratio enforcement? I don't see any in the options menu. Is there part of the fbaxxx.ini that could be edited to enable this?

Edited by steve

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi + T +, I want to ask you something? a cpuple of friends and I play a lot kof 2002, both of them bring their xbox s-controllers and I noted that when I disconnect one controller to connect another, the shorcut buttons stop working, and I have to enter the menu and enable the shorcuts again, this happens aberytime a controller is disconnected, could you please look at it and if possible, fix it, thanks in advance.

I'll look into fixing this for the next build.

thanks for the 1.11a update +T+. My controls are working perfect now. I didn't have any luck with the original 1.11. I have a question about the aspect ration for some of the games though. I have a 4:3 screen and have the screen adjusted to fill the screen. Most games look fine but some are vertically stretched when run at a 4:3 aspect ration. Does FBA have some sort of aspect ratio enforcement? I don't see any in the options menu. Is there part of the fbaxxx.ini that could be edited to enable this?

Keep in mind that even in original arcade form most of these games are stretched to fill a 4:3 monitor. So technically they are already being displayed correctly. This is particularly true of CPS2 games which look extremely squashed if played in their original aspect ratio.

+T+ i have to address this again, i have just started messing with mamedox again with the release of the platinum pack(awesome by the way) and noticed still the slight control lag in the shmups in the others category as well some cps1 and neo shmups. I dont notice this much with other games though(maybe harder to tell) Mameox does not have this problem no matter what build (dox, 128plus, ect.) I bugged GoGo about this a year ago but maybe he forgot. Two good examples are DoDonpachi, and Battle Garregga, play them on each emu and you will notice. Can the controls be made more responsive? Thank you

+T+ i have to address this again, i have just started messing with mamedox again with the release of the platinum pack(awesome by the way) and noticed still the slight control lag in the shmups in the others category as well some cps1 and neo shmups. I dont notice this much with other games though(maybe harder to tell) Mameox does not have this problem no matter what build (dox, 128plus, ect.) I bugged GoGo about this a year ago but maybe he forgot. Two good examples are DoDonpachi, and Battle Garregga, play them on each emu and you will notice. Can the controls be made more responsive? Thank you

I haven't tested this yet but could you tell me, is the problem with both the analogue stick and the d-pad or just the analogue stick?

Last release I used was v1.06. I just installed v1.11a and everytime I run the emulator I get kicked back to the dashboard. I deleted the save and get the same result.

[EDIT]

Problem solved! I just had to enable 480p in my dashboard as my dashboard is set to 720p and 480p/1080i were disabled.

Edited by Vegeta