FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FBA-XXX Pro v1.10

=============

NOTE: You should delete your old FBA-XXX Pro savefile from the MS dashboard or the folder E:\TDATA\ffff0504 before running this release.

- Replaced 'Auto Unibios' option with 'Auto Neo-Bios'. Can be set to MVS, AES, Debug, Universe, Off.

- The following sets have been added:

kof96pls

- Updated some ROMsets based on the latest information. (thanks to Ferchogtx and iq_132)

- Fixed extra button press when entering Diagnostics Mode.

- Fixed reversed controls on Black and White buttons.

- The following sets have been added:

jgokushi

hsf2

hsf2j

(XORs for these CPS2 sets are not yet available so for the time being they are non-working)

- Fixed dipswitches in msword. (bug from PC version)

- Fixed X-Arcade control configuration not saving.

- Cleaned up UI menus.

- Also I understand that the correct (non-fake) samsho5 M1 ROM is now available.

Enjoy!

Edited by + T +

nice job with the update :D

now i just need to get a few patches for ms5boot's p2, p3, and s1 and kof2k2pls p1.

still don't see the samsho5 m1d being out as of yet tho theres chats about it in rs forum and also i think that jgokushi rom never got released tho i have seen it requested a lot on newsgroup.

and also i think that jgokushi rom never got released tho i have seen it requested a lot on newsgroup.

As I'm sure you well know, it's a huge hassle trying to establish what's publicly available and what isn't. I would rather just add the sets and have the CRCs there for future reference. I realise this may not sit too well with people who like to have everything green in the DAT but it's alot easier for me this way since I have no 100% reliable source for ROM availability.

The jgokushi driver came from FBA Plus so Ferchogtx may or may not be able to help you out there. For the new NG bootleg ROMs I would suggest requesting patches in the RS thread on the subject since some people definitely seem to have them and a patch for the kf2k2pls P ROM is already there.

Edited by + T +

This may be dumb, but why do the roms change in some sets, and who decides which ones are the most accurate. Lets say Ms5boot plays fine with 1.09 roms and was correct at the time of the last update, then whats the difference now. Are we just updating these because these dumps are recent, and who's to say that the older ones are not superior or equal. Can't there just be a [!] at the end of an arcade rom and just call it a day. These games have been in the arcades for years, did the people who dumped it not get it right the first time, or is this just not an exact science yet. Sorry to be a pain, but im starting to think if i cant gain performance or emulation accuracy by updating roms for games then what is the point other than being able to play new roms and PD games. Thanks

pro is about having the latest known correct sets and sets tend to change due to not having the correct info or bad dumps being released.

i'm currently working on an update for those of you that got v1.09 romset and currently have all but that jgokushi since its no where to be found and i can't get my hands on the correct samsho5 m1d but i'm told theres another out with the same crc but not matching the fake or the one listed in jb dat.

This may be dumb, but why do the roms change in some sets, and who decides which ones are the most accurate. Lets say Ms5boot plays fine with 1.09 roms and was correct at the time of the last update, then whats the difference now. Are we just updating these because these dumps are recent, and who's to say that the older ones are not superior or equal. Can't there just be a [!] at the end of an arcade rom and just call it a day. These games have been in the arcades for years, did the people who dumped it not get it right the first time, or is this just not an exact science yet. Sorry to be a pain, but im starting to think if i cant gain performance or emulation accuracy by updating roms for games then what is the point other than being able to play new roms and PD games. Thanks

The correct CRCs of ROMs are confirmed by those who have or know others who have the original boards/cartridges. Until such confirmation exists for a set, it can't be regarded as accurate.

It has nothing at all to do with how well a set plays. The confirmed ms5boot has sound problems towards the end of the game (even on the original board), the old incorrect set did not. But the current set is correct so that is the one Pro supports, sound problems and all.

In my experience there is no performance gain or noticeable gameplay differences in using accurate ROMs as opposed to inaccurate ones. The appeal is solely to ROM collectors like myself who like to have the latest sets and want something to play them on.

If you're tired of updating your ROMs then just stick with an older build (or FBA-XXX) and you'll never need to update again. But Pro's sets will continue to change as new information becomes available since that's the whole point of the project.