FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+T+ May i suggest just for the hell of it including packbat in the next release or just compressing the xbe. From my personal experience the emu runs faster and more predictable in this state. Also you dont get the hicups that happen every now and then when uncompressed. I have a 1.1 xbox maybe its just me though. Gogo did mention a performance increase a while back, not with game emulation but i think he meant was in navigating the emu and initial bootup and stability. Cant put my finger on it, it just feels right compressed

Edited by lawnspic

(By the way, this wasn't documented anywhere in the readme/option menus, which is why I asked, but thanks.)

Both are listed in the Help screens of the emu. I'll add an entry to the FAQ section of the readme to make this more clear.

+T+ May i suggest just for the hell of it including packbat in the next release or just compressing the xbe. From my personal experience the emu runs faster and more predictable in this state. Also you dont get the hicups that happen every now and then when uncompressed. I have a 1.1 xbox maybe its just me though. Gogo did mention a performance increase a while back, not with game emulation but i think he meant was in navigating the emu and initial bootup and stability. Cant put my finger on it, it just feels right compressed

I did try running a compressed XBE a couple of times. Each time it crashed my Xbox so that was the end of that as far as I was concerned.

Could you possibly be more specific about what parts of the program you've noticed running better with a compressed XBE? Or what hiccups you get when using an uncompressed one? If the differences are significant enough then I'll look into this further.

Thanks.

FBA-XXX Pro v1.09

=============

- Fixed incorrect kf2k2mp2 P2 ROM.

- Fixed corrupted GFX in ms5boot.

- Fixed sound in ms4boot.

- Fixed missed controller presses when navigating menus.

- Removed switch to hide clone sets from ROMlist. (for some games the only working sets are clones so this option is useless)

- All INI files are now saved to the emulator's TDATA folder.

- Updates to default skin.

To those who requested an option to hide non-working sets from the ROMlist; Over the last few days I've been trying to re-implement and fix the old ShowNotWorking code that caused problems in a past build of FBA-XXX. But no matter what I do, playing a clone set of a non-working parent with this option enabled always causes the emulator to crash when clicking the right thumbstick to enter the in-game menu. I have no idea why this is and until I do I'm afraid I won't be able to add this feature.

i'm in the mood of giving back so i'll make a post on newsgroup of the complete v1.09 romset for FBA-XXX PRO :P

i'll be using the giganews server and that should speed up things while posting along with ditching xnews for posting and trying out YencPowerPost.

i'll reply when its going up since creating par2's takes a good 2 hours :)

"Removed switch to hide clone sets from ROMlist. (for some games the only working sets are clones so this option is useless)"

Have you considered changing the option to hide clones, unless better than parent? Similar to mamewah and other front ends? This way you always have working roms displayed and none of the parents that do not work.

ok guys/gals, the post is going as i type (actually before i typed but i was busy :P ) to the same groups as before which are:

alt.binaries.the-terminal

alt.binaries.games.xbox

alt.binaries.cd.image.xbox

alt.binaries.emulators.neogeo

now the set should show up as compete as i even added the fake versions of the 2 unreleased roms and its noted in the readme. now since using giganews there shouldn't be any problems of it showing up on many servers but theres always the chance of some ppl seeing it bad/incomplete or missing in which i suggest paying for a server like giganews or astraweb that have decent plans to d/l whatever you want.

also wanted to mention to those of you that didn't update from before, the par2s might fix the romsets you have thos par2s are the last to be posted.

Enjoy