FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what for since the cheats can get you those characters as well ;)

btw, the fba-xxx pro + romset are fully posted :( only thing left that going up now is par2's so enjoy. i also like to mention that i'll be doing update uploads to newsgroup so whenever theres a new version that changes the romset, i'll post the changed roms only (each to their own zip). this will be like mame u release updates if anyone follows that but for fba-xxx pro :rofl:

- Old "misaligned character sprites in the mvsc ending" bug, which was fixed in Final Burn v0.26, exists in both FBA-XXX and Pro. This is fixed in most other emulators, although I was unable to find the exact lines of code to fix this problem.

Do you have any more info on how the mvsc bug was fixed? Or do you know of an older version of FBA/FBA-XXX in which it was not present?

I've spent the past few days trying out as many different builds of FBA that I could find (including the latest v0.2.95.23), and the verdict is all of the versions I tested have this bug. With that said, I will make the logical assumption that this bug has always existed in FBA-XXX/Pro, seeing as how both use FBA for their base code.

I know it's fixed in Final Burn v0.26 and in MAME, and although I cannot find the location of the fix within the Final Burn source, I have found the MAME fix -- within "src\vidhrdw\cps1.c" (just search for Marvel). Hopefully it's possible to grab the needed code from the MAME source, and not only from a FBA derivative.....

Let me know if there is anything more I can do :rofl:

Edited by babelfish

- Old "misaligned character sprites in the mvsc ending" bug, which was fixed in Final Burn v0.26, exists in both FBA-XXX and Pro. This is fixed in most other emulators, although I was unable to find the exact lines of code to fix this problem.

Do you have any more info on how the mvsc bug was fixed? Or do you know of an older version of FBA/FBA-XXX in which it was not present?

I've spent the past few days trying out as many different builds of FBA that I could find (including the latest v0.2.95.23), and the verdict is all of the versions I tested have this bug. With that said, I will make the logical assumption that this bug has always existed in FBA-XXX/Pro, seeing as how both use FBA for their base code.

I know it's fixed in Final Burn v0.26 and in MAME, and although I cannot find the location of the fix within the Final Burn source, I have found the MAME fix -- within "src\vidhrdw\cps1.c" (just search for Marvel). Hopefully it's possible to grab the needed code from the MAME source, and not only from a FBA derivative.....

Let me know if there is anything more I can do :huh:

what is v0.2.95.23 ? example of what i meant before, just wanted to get to the issues before flooding with questions unrelated to the problem at hand