FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

Things are heating up again for this emu (well deserved) here and all the usual places, so much so complete pro sets are floating around in varius places. This gives even novices a chance to get in all fun that this emu has to offer. Thanks to Prican and others keeping this puppy alive, Thanks

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking the Romcenter dat files for this set there's about 70 odd 'Red' ROMS. Just getting a few of those certain ROMS off of your new 1.06 Usenet post and replacing them turns them back to 'Green' :P

One question - I can ignore 'Yellow' ROMS, yes? There's nothing wrong with them?

Well, you know how inside each ROM zip file there is a collection of several files? Yellow ROMS means that you have all the correct files to make that ROM in your ROM set, but there is still something wrong with that set. Just click on the ROM name in the left hand window where you have your ROM paths defined and then look at the right hand window to see what it says.

It will probably be one of two things. First, one of the files inside the zip may simply have the wrong name. In this case it will say next to the file something like, "Bad name, name should be [whatever]". So all you have to do it right click on the ROM and select "Fix game" and Romcenter will rename it for you.

The other message you might see is, "Available in another game". That means that a required file is missing from that ROM, but the file that is missing is located in another ROM set (i.e. a different version of the same game). So just right-click on the ROM and select "Fix game" again and Romcenter will copy the missing file from the ROM that has it and put it in the ROM that is missing the file.

Yellow ROMS are easy to fix, but you can't ignore them because the emulator won't run them unless you do fix them.

encrypted is the romset with encrypted p and c roms and are most likely to be the parent roms for neogeo sake.

non encrypted is the p rom thats decrtpted while c roms remain encrypted.

decrypted is the romset's c roms decrypted while p roms are encrypted.

fully decrypted is the p and c roms in a the romset being decrypted.

i might be a lil off on what i said (feel free to correct me <_< )but using decrypted/fully decrypted romsets give you the fastest load on fba-xxx pro but if using those alone be sure they have the other files that are needed from their parent rom.

encrypted is the romset with encrypted p and c roms and are most likely to be the parent roms for neogeo sake.

non encrypted is the p rom thats decrtpted while c roms remain encrypted.

decrypted is the romset's c roms decrypted while p roms are encrypted.

fully decrypted is the p and c roms in a the romset being decrypted.

That is absolutely right. But if I may expand on that a little for anyone who is interested:

Encrypted sets contain all encrypted ROMs (P, C, M, V). They are the most accurate in terms of how the data is on the actual board. However the decryption process often causes long loading times and encrypted C ROMs do not compress well so the sets can have a very large filesize. Encrypted sets also use a decrypted M ROM due to the fact that M ROM decryption routines are not yet support by any emulator.

Non-encrypted sets have encrypted graphics and sound (C, M, V) ROMs but decrypted program (P) ROMs. The only non-encrypted sets supported by FBA-XXX Pro are those that exist in MAME which also exist as actual boards.

Decrypted sets contain all encrypted ROMs with the exception of the graphics © ROMs and M ROM. These sets are included to allow users to have mostly accurate sets without the long load times and large filesizes of their fully encrypted counterparts. Decrypted sets also contain an S ROM for text layer data.

Fully decrypted sets contain all decrypted ROMs (P, C, M, V and an S). Technically these are the least accurate but require no special driver routines to run hence they load much faster. Filesize is comparable to decrypted sets.

its finally being posted topic is: FBA-XXX PRO V1.06 + ROMSET For XBOX :P

its gonna be in the following groups:

alt.binaries.the-terminal

alt.binaries.games.xbox

alt.binaries.cd.image.xbox

alt.binaries.emulators.neogeo

now for a few quick notes:

All the romsets are complete with the exception of mslug5's m1 and samsho5 m1d (the one currently in samsho5 is a fake) due to still being kept private/unreleased.

par2s posted are to the romset only, i tossed in fba-xxx pro v1.06 in the post but doesn't have par2s for it tho i can post some later just in case anyone has problems with it.

for some of you that have most of the romset, grabbing the par2s might just fix your set instead of grabbing the whole post but i can't 100% guarantee that as you may need to replace a few so it can fix them or so.

enjoy the post and don't expect me to put this on a torrent as i personally hate them but if someone does wanna take my post to torrent, feel free to do so but no links to it here.

I'm a bit new to newsgroups so I'm possibly doing this incorrectly but so far in the newgroups I've had time to check out (alt.binaries.the-terminal and alt.binaries.emulators.neogeo

) your posts seem to stop around the mid G files. Gowcaizer is the last of the files posted from you that i can see. Is there a way to get the rest of these files to show or does this mean that these are all that made it through?

there are some newsgroup servers that won't show everything in certain groups namely most isp servers to say which is why i'm sending it to 4 groups as some ppl might not get a.b.the-terminal but they'll get the xbox groups or the neogeo one :P

me personally, since i got optimum online they offer newsgroups but their speed and incompletes are just disappointing most of the time in fact the best thing i get out of their newsgroup is uploading which what i'm using for this post. for newsgroup d/l, i use giganews unlimted. might be pricey but they are the best out and having files last up to 70 days is pretty sweet.