FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,I have problems with chrouching tiger hidden dragon (clone of kof2001).

I take kof2001, cthd2003 and ct2k3sp from MAME 0.104 romset (they work perfectly on MAME), but on FBA only kof2001 works.

In cthd2003 it says that 262-v1-v2-v3-v4.bin rom lack /but they are on kof2001!!!!)

In ct2k3sp it says that 262 v1-v2-v3-v4.bin lack and also that 5003-p2sp.bin and 5003-p3sp.bin lack and that 5003-p1sp.bin has a CRC of AB5C4DEo (it should be 96EEo6BC)

How can I solve those 2 problems?

Thanks

I've already explained this several times now so please pay attention as this will be the last.

The ROMs FBA-XXX Pro uses are the latest and most correct available. MAME and other emulators do not use the latest and most correct ROMs. They are different. That is why the sets you have will not work. If you want to use FBA-XXX Pro you must update your sets by adding the ROMs that the DAT tells you are missing.

I hope this answers your question because I really don't see how I can make the point any more clear.

Wow that clears that up, +T+ i thought you were trying to match Mame sets the whole time. I was losing my mind trying to figure what the hell was going on

legolas11908 that post you did was a rom request and it was deleted as well as altering your last post.

please follow the rules and it wouldn't hurt to try finding patches that can change the ones you have to the one you need like most of us have done and i hope you at least ran romcenter or clrmame to even try to fix them.

ok, seeing how its updated to 1.06 i'm gonna update the rest of my romset and i'll post when its on newsgroup :blink:

UPDATE: Currently making pars (need quickpar for these) for the roms and will be posted with roms so if someone got a corrupt zip or 2, the pars can fix them or even make a few that might be missing :unsure:

bare with me as it will take a while to be done (currently saying 5 hours to go) in the mean time for those of you that have no idea what newsgroups is and/or wanna know about it, go to http://slyck.com/ng.php and read up on how it works. few good servers to mention are www.giganews.com, www.newshosting.com, and www.astraweb.com and you can also ask your ISP if they offer newsgroups.

its finally being posted topic is: FBA-XXX PRO V1.06 + ROMSET For XBOX :P

its gonna be in the following groups:

alt.binaries.the-terminal

alt.binaries.games.xbox

alt.binaries.cd.image.xbox

alt.binaries.emulators.neogeo

now for a few quick notes:

All the romsets are complete with the exception of mslug5's m1 and samsho5 m1d (the one currently in samsho5 is a fake) due to still being kept private/unreleased.

par2s posted are to the romset only, i tossed in fba-xxx pro v1.06 in the post but doesn't have par2s for it tho i can post some later just in case anyone has problems with it.

for some of you that have most of the romset, grabbing the par2s might just fix your set instead of grabbing the whole post but i can't 100% guarantee that as you may need to replace a few so it can fix them or so.

enjoy the post and don't expect me to put this on a torrent as i personally hate them but if someone does wanna take my post to torrent, feel free to do so but no links to it here.

Ok,sorry,I don't konw it :o

Thanks Prican25. you have a PM :P

Please,can anyone contact me with a PM?I don't know how can I download the rompack of prican25. I use Mirc only with this (fantastica) guide of +T+

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php

HAve I to use it again to downlaod prican25 pack? How? This isn't a rom request,isn't it? :huh:

thank you :P

Schweet, nice one!

Okay, I leeched a post entitled fba-xxx pro 1.01 off Usenet a couple of days ago.

Checking the Romcenter dat files for this set there's about 70 odd 'Red' ROMS. Just getting a few of those certain ROMS off of your new 1.06 Usenet post and replacing them turns them back to 'Green' :P

One question - I can ignore 'Yellow' ROMS, yes? There's nothing wrong with them?

Wow that clears that up, +T+ i thought you were trying to match Mame sets the whole time. I was losing my mind trying to figure what the hell was going on

Yeah I've always been in two minds about this. On the one hand it would be great to have FBA-XXX Pro support exactly the same sets as MAME since most other PC emus do and it creates a set standard for ROMsets that means any downloaded set will work straight-out-of-the-box on any emulator, Xbox or PC.

But on the other hand, the whole point of FBA-XXX Pro has always been to use the most accurate ROM dumps so that collectors (like myself) have a platform on which to actually play the sets they've spent alot of time putting together and getting right.

It's such a shame that MAME didn't use a better source of information when putting together its NG sets. But my understanding is that the developers don't really care that much about the system any more due to all the controversy over the 3-year-rule and such.