FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a very big thanks from me to all involved with FBA-XXX Pro. With these new releases I was finally willing to update my roms (thanks Thraxen), replace my previous version (31/5/2004), and delete Kawa-X for good. With that said, there is one bug that I have noticed on ever version of FBA-XXX I've tried since 31/5/2004 involving the shortcut keys. I'm unable to permanently disable them for player 1. I'll go into the controller configuration and disable these shortcut keys for players 1-4, reboot and find it enabled for player 1 again when I relaunch FBA-XXX. This will stay enabled even though the following line in my fbaxxx.ini states otherwise.

bGamepadShortcutsAllowed[0] 0

It appears that kf2k3pcb is wrong in the emulator and/or DAT.  It calls for a 271-bios.bin (148dd727) that is 256 KB in size.  I have that file with the correct CRC and it's actually 512 KB in size. 

Thanks for that, I'll correct it in the next update.

And a very big thanks from me to all involved with FBA-XXX Pro. With these new releases I was finally willing to update my roms (thanks Thraxen), replace my previous version (31/5/2004), and delete Kawa-X for good. With that said, there is one bug that I have noticed on ever version of FBA-XXX I've tried since 31/5/2004 involving the shortcut keys. I'm unable to permanently disable them for player 1. I'll go into the controller configuration and disable these shortcut keys for players 1-4, reboot and find it enabled for player 1 again when I relaunch FBA-XXX. This will stay enabled even though the following line in my fbaxxx.ini states otherwise.

I'll look into fixing this. Again, thanks for reporting it.

FBA-XXX Pro v1.06

=============

- Added 2 new PD Neo-Geo games by blastar@gmx.net:

Codename - Blue Engel

NGEM2K

- Fixed kf2k3pcb bios ROM size.

- Fixed disabling shortcuts on attached controllers.

- Some minor name corrections.

Enjoy!

Hi,I have problems with chrouching tiger hidden dragon (clone of kof2001).

I take kof2001, cthd2003 and ct2k3sp from MAME 0.104 romset (they work perfectly on MAME), but on FBA only kof2001 works.

In cthd2003 it says that 262-v1-v2-v3-v4.bin rom lack /but they are on kof2001!!!!)

In ct2k3sp it says that 262 v1-v2-v3-v4.bin lack and also that 5003-p2sp.bin and 5003-p3sp.bin lack and that 5003-p1sp.bin has a CRC of AB5C4DEo (it should be 96EEo6BC)

How can I solve those 2 problems?

Thanks

I take kof2001, cthd2003 and ct2k3sp from MAME 0.104 romset (they work perfectly on MAME), but on FBA only kof2001 works.

In cthd2003 it says that 262-v1-v2-v3-v4.bin rom lack /but they are on kof2001!!!!)

In ct2k3sp it says that 262 v1-v2-v3-v4.bin lack and also that 5003-p2sp.bin and 5003-p3sp.bin lack and that 5003-p1sp.bin has a CRC of AB5C4DEo (it should be 96EEo6BC)

Thanks

cthd2003 works fine here

Thanks

I've already explained this several times now so please pay attention as this will be the last.

The ROMs FBA-XXX Pro uses are the latest and most correct available. MAME and other emulators do not use the latest and most correct ROMs. They are different. That is why the sets you have will not work. If you want to use FBA-XXX Pro you must update your sets by adding the ROMs that the DAT tells you are missing.

I hope this answers your question because I really don't see how I can make the point any more clear.

Edited by + T +

FBA-XXX Pro v1.06

=============

- Added 2 new PD Neo-Geo games by blastar@gmx.net:

Codename - Blue Engel

NGEM2K

- Fixed kf2k3pcb bios ROM size.

- Fixed disabling shortcuts on attached controllers.

- Some minor name corrections.

Enjoy!

tee hee... :unsure:

Please,can anyone contact me with a PM? I need only few new romset (clone or hack in particular),so I need help to complete the collection :)

Thanks

is that a rom request? :blink:

i don't suppose new options will be added? here just a few ideas:

i would love to see a multiable rom directory location option much like mameox/mamedox have.

FBAXXX already has 8 ROM directories. On your XBox go to the FBAXXX install directory anf look in the "ini" folder. Find the "fbaxxx.ini" file and copy it to your PC. Open it up in a text editor and you should see this section near the top:

szAppRomPaths[0] d:\roms\

szAppRomPaths[1] d:\roms\cps1\

szAppRomPaths[2] d:\roms\cps2\

szAppRomPaths[3] d:\roms\ng\

szAppRomPaths[4] d:\roms\others\

szAppRomPaths[5] d:\emu\roms\

szAppRomPaths[6] d:\emu\roms\cps1\

szAppRomPaths[7] d:\emu\roms\cps2\

Those are all the places FBAXXX scans for ROMS. You can probably just edit one of those paths and then copy the ini file back to the ini folder.

oh yeah... i did this by the way too. they worked. thanks -t- and thraxen.

Edited by tristanx