FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

Perhaps I should just make it so that previews/screenshots use the same folder. Would that be better or worse?

I'm not sure that would work. The previews are all pngs while the screenshots are in BMP format. The emulator may be able to use BMPs for previews... but I have not tested that.

But another problem would be the names of the images. The previews are all like this: [name of rom].png

Screenshots are all like this: [name of rom] [###].bmp (or something like that)

The ### is the screenshot number... like 001, 002, 003, etc...

IMO, it doesn't seem like it would be worth your time to try and change any of that because it would probably be more trouble that it's worth.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as how another update is in the works, I thought I should mention the few bugs I have found, in hopes that they will make it into the next release:

- Old "misaligned character sprites in the mvsc ending" bug, which was fixed in Final Burn v0.26, exists in both FBA-XXX and Pro. This is fixed in most other emulators, although I was unable to find the exact lines of code to fix this problem.

- When configuring the second players PPP / KKK buttons, they are reverted back to the L / R buttons after exiting FBA-XXX. Very annoying to have to reconfigure this everytime......

- An easy one; Last Blade 2 comes before Last Blade in the gamelist :P

Lastly, not a bug, but a request i'm sure many would appreciate......

- Any chance of updating the gamelist, or creating an option, so that non-working sets (i.e kof2003, svcchaos ) and unXORd CPS2 games are not shown? This would be nice for those of use who use the "hide clones" option.

My FBA-XXX buglist was much longer before, but then I went Pro and found that 90% of the bugs were squashed. Thanx for such a solid emu +T+ !!! :ph34r:

Edited by babelfish

Anyone else having problems with progressive scan with FBA-XXX Pro? I have the same issue on the X-port emulators. I get a garbled screen when I use anything other than 480i. (480p progressive scan mode on). I have this problem on my monitor with X2VGA+ and also my HD panel connected via component cables. Anyone know a workaround (other than just staying in 480i which looks lousy on my panel and is unusable on X2VGA+) Thanks in advance for the help!

Ok,I have already read the dat file,and Kof2003 boss edition is the rom of kof2003 ultra plus or clone of kof2004.

I rebuild my romset of the previous version of FBA XXX using FBA XXX PRO DATFILE with clrmame,but nothing,some roms (new roms in particular) don't work.

So with the next relase of FBA can I will use MAME 0.104 neogeo romset? I hope so,I have all romset of MAME 0.104 and in this release all neo geo new roms are added (kof2003,ss5 and special, svc chaos, metals lug 5,ecc...).

I also try the romset of Final Burn Evolution for PC,but nothing.I also have neogeo romset of mame 32 plus special 0.103,but same problem.

In your opinion,wich is the best way to find correct romset for FBA XXX PRO? In *SNIP* there are MAME 32 complete romset and FBA romset (but there aren' new roms as ms5, ss5, svc chaos, kof2003).

What can I try to do? NO ROM LINKS !!

Thanks

Edited by Robert

IMO, it doesn't seem like it would be worth your time to try and change any of that because it would probably be more trouble that it's worth.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'll leave things as they are then.

I could donate, even if 720p doesn't make it.

Thanks for the offer but FBA-XXX Pro is as much for my own use as everyone elses so I don't think it would be right for me to accept donations.

Seeing as how another update is in the works, I thought I should mention the few bugs I have found, in hopes that they will make it into the next release:

- Old "misaligned character sprites in the mvsc ending" bug, which was fixed in Final Burn v0.26, exists in both FBA-XXX and Pro. This is fixed in most other emulators, although I was unable to find the exact lines of code to fix this problem.

- When configuring the second players PPP / KKK buttons, they are reverted back to the L / R buttons after exiting FBA-XXX. Very annoying to have to reconfigure this everytime......

- An easy one; Last Blade 2 comes before Last Blade in the gamelist :ph34r:

Lastly, not a bug, but a request i'm sure many would appreciate......

- Any chance of updating the gamelist, or creating an option, so that non-working sets (i.e kof2003, svcchaos ) and unXORd CPS2 games are not shown? This would be nice for those of use who use the "hide clones" option.

Do you have any more info on how the mvsc bug was fixed? Or do you know of an older version of FBA/FBA-XXX in which it was not present?

I'll look into the the controller issue, thanks for reporting that one.

The gamelist is alphabetical so 'Last Blade 2, The..' comes before 'Last Blade, The..' (apparently [space] comes before [comma] in the alphabet :P )

Anyone else having problems with progressive scan with FBA-XXX Pro? I have the same issue on the X-port emulators. I get a garbled screen when I use anything other than 480i. (480p progressive scan mode on). I have this problem on my monitor with X2VGA+ and also my HD panel connected via component cables. Anyone know a workaround (other than just staying in 480i which looks lousy on my panel and is unusable on X2VGA+) Thanks in advance for the help!

As I mentioned previously, I don't have an HD set so I can't test this out. Although since you say you're experiencing this on other emus too it sounds like an issue with your setup. Hopefully someone else can help.

Ok,I have already read the dat file,and Kof2003 boss edition is the rom of kof2003 ultra plus or clone of kof2004.

I rebuild my romset of the previous version of FBA XXX using FBA XXX PRO DATFILE with clrmame,but nothing,some roms (new roms in particular) don't work.

So with the next relase of FBA can I will use MAME 0.104 neogeo romset? I hope so,I have all romset of MAME 0.104 and in this release all neo geo new roms are added (kof2003,ss5 and special, svc chaos, metals lug 5,ecc...).

I also try the romset of Final Burn Evolution for PC,but nothing.I also have neogeo romset of mame 32 plus special 0.103,but same problem.

In your opinion,wich is the best way to find correct romset for FBA XXX PRO? In *SNIP* there are MAME 32 complete romset and FBA romset (but there aren' new roms as ms5, ss5, svc chaos, kof2003).

What can I try to do?  NO ROM LINKS !!

Thanks

Just rebuilding the sets from what you have is not enough you need to make sure you have all the ROMs each set requires. If you've done this and all your ROMsets are correct but you still can't get games to work then please be more specific as to what happens when you try to play them (error messages etc.).

The next build will use same sets as MAME v0.104. However, as I said before, a few of the ROM files MAME is using are not correct so they will not be exactly the same since Pro will stick with the most accurate ones.

In my opinion I think ROM distribution has been discussed enough. That isn't the purpose of this thread.

Just wanted to give a shout out(after playing Sfa3, console ports have nothing on this) and say this has got to be one of the best emu's on the planet. Thanks for all the hard work T and Gogo and everyone else for their input, cant wait for future updates from both of you guys.

Edited by lawnspic

Just wanted to give a shout out(after playing Sfa3, console ports have nothing on this) and say this has got to be one of the best emu's on the planet. Thanks for all the hard work T and Gogo and everyone else for their input, cant wait for future updates from both of you guys.

Thankyou for fbaxxx pro it is excellent, much better then anything out there. I even enjoy it better then my mvs collection I for one can't see much of a difference. If everyone had fbaxxx pro the world would be a better place :(:P:D

FBA-XXX Pro v1.05

---------------------

- Updated newer Neo-Geo set names to match those in MAME v0.104. (see note below)

- Added the following new sets:

kf2k2mp

kf2k2mp2

samsh5sh

samsh5sn

kf2k3bla

kf2k3pl

- Updated supported Universe bios to v2.2.

- Fixed kof2002 'How to Play' screen GFX glitch. (by iq_132)

- Replaced old NeoPVC decryption code with tidier version. (by iq_132)

- Fixed dipswitch settings for all CPS1 games. Defaults now match MAME instead of everything being set to 'off'. (you will need to delete your old FBA-XXX Pro savegame for these changes to take effect)

- Fixed bug in which controllers 2,3,and 4 were not saving PPP & KKK button settings.

- Fixed Commands View menu bug.

- Added sub-folders to main roms/ directory. (just delete if you don't want to use them)

NOTE: Although FBA-XXX Pro's newer NG sets have been renamed to match those added to MAME, the required ROMs are not exactly the same. This is because some of the ROM dumps MAME is using in these sets are not the most correct.

Enjoy!