FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

lawnspic your topic has been edit by the the new super mod Robert (congrats on that btw :punk: ) you should know better by now, next time its a warning.

as i said before, i plan on posting the current set that i have which has everything completed (big thx to thraxen with the help on a few) with the exception of the 2 m1/m1d roms not released (using the fake one for samsho5 tho) to newsgroup but i'll wait for + T + next release since hes gonna make some rom changes i guess to match mame minus the m1/m1d's.

so for now just be a lil patient and i'll let you all know in here when and where it will be posted.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lawnspic your topic has been edit by the the new super mod Robert (congrats on that btw :punk: ) you should know better by now, next time its a warning.

Thanks PRican25 my 2nd day on the job as Super-Rob. :)

And Lawnspic next time will most definitely be a warning, or worse...

lawnspic your topic has been edit by the the new super mod Robert (congrats on that btw :) ) you should know better by now, next time its a warning.

as i said before, i plan on posting the current set that i have which has everything completed (big thx to thraxen with the help on a few) with the exception of the 2 m1/m1d roms not released (using the fake one for samsho5 tho) to newsgroup but i'll wait for + T + next release since hes gonna make some rom changes i guess to match mame minus the m1/m1d's.

so for now just be a lil patient and i'll let you all know in here when and where it will be posted.

sounds Great :punk:

Hi,I downloaded FBAXXX PRO so I can paly all my neogeo games in one emulator,but I have som problems.

For example,I rebuild my roms with CLRMAME with the new DAT file.I also rebuild the neogeo.zip file, but some roms don't work.

For example, in the old version of FBA XXX I had cthd2k3n.zip (chrouching tiger hidden dragon): I try it in the new version but it doens't work,so I rebuild it but clrmame has created another rom (i don't remember it) but it doens't work

I also would have king of fighters boss edition,but I don't find it

In retroroms site,there are FBA and MAME roms.I download some roms from MAME romset (v 0.103 or 0.104) but I don't find chrouching tiger hidden dragon or King of fighters boss edition (and they are supported from FBA XXX PRO!!!!)

Also snk vs capcom chaos doesn't work...

Please,can anyone help me,also with PM?

Another problem: I save screenshot (in raw or filtered way,I try both,I don't know the difference..) but I don't see the picture in the black screen in the rom list of the emulator.Why?

Thank you very much

The ROMsets supported by FBA-XXX Pro are completely different to those in FBA-XXX. As the documentation says, you will have to use the DATs to find out which ROMs you are missing and update them.

The next build will include ROMsets from MAME v0.104 though even these will not be exactly the same since not all of the ROMs in MAME are correct.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is supported (cthd2003) as are several King of Fighters 2003 hacks, I don't know which you mean by KOF 2003 Boss Edition but again, please check the DATs for details.

The PCB set of svcchaos does not currently work. This is a known issue.

I'll look into the screenshot problem and try to fix it for the next release.

Hi + T +, i have a problem, when playing with FBA-XXX Pro, lets say a couple of friend and I are playing kof 2002, and accidentally someone press the button combination to bring commands view on screen (wich button combination I don't know), then to get rid of the commands view I enter to the menu and put commands view to "off" but when i try to go back to the game, the xbox freezes and i have to reboot the console, everytime this happen its the same, i want to try if putting the commands view to off while in the game via a button combination woks, but unfortunately as I say i don't know that button combination, any help will be appreciated.

by the way + T + could you add 720p support to FBA-XXX Pro?

thanks in advance.

I don't know if this has something to do with the problem, but my console its a v1.0 with a SmartXX v2, 128MB Ram, HDAV Pack with 480p output and the bios i am using its the iND-BiOS 5003.

Another problem: I save screenshot (in raw or filtered way,I try both,I don't know the difference..) but I don't see the picture in the black screen in the rom list of the emulator.Why?

Thank you very much

Actually, I don't think screenshots you take with the emulator are automatically shown for the ROM preview.

If you take a screenshot it is dumped into the "screenshots" folder. But the ROM previews are taken from the "previews" folder. If you want to make it appear as a preview I think you need to take it out of the screenshots folder, change it to the same format as the images in the "previews" folder, give it the same name as the zip name of the ROM you want to use it for, and then dump it in the previews folder.

Anyway, I've got previews for most of the ROMS. I've uploaded them here: Link

Just download that and then dump all the images in your previews folder.

Hi + T +, i have a problem, when playing with FBA-XXX Pro, lets say a couple of friend and I are playing kof 2002, and accidentally someone press the button combination to bring commands view on screen (wich button combination I don't know), then to get rid of the commands view I enter to the menu and put commands view to "off" but when i try to go back to the game, the xbox freezes and i have to reboot the console, everytime this happen its the same, i want to try if putting the commands view to off while in the game via a button combination woks, but unfortunately as I say i don't know that button combination, any help will be appreciated.

I don't know the combination off the top of my head. Try checking the Help screens to see if you can find it there. If not I'll find out tomorrow and let you know. For the next build the quick fix would be to set this combo to something you can't press by accident. But I may just remove the function altogether if it's causing problems as I don't see that it's useful enough to spend alot of time trying to fix.

by the way + T + could you add 720p support to FBA-XXX Pro?

This isn't a priority since I don't have an HDTV. Feel free to buy me one. :punk:

If you take a screenshot it is dumped into the "screenshots" folder.  But the ROM previews are taken from the "previews" folder.  If you want to make it appear as a preview I think you need to take it out of the screenshots folder, change it to the same format as the images in the "previews" folder, give it the same name as the zip name of the ROM you want to use it for, and then dump it in the previews folder.

Perhaps I should just make it so that previews/screenshots use the same folder. Would that be better or worse?