FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

just to make sure:

Samsho5 m1d 49C9901A  & Mslug5 m1 4A5A6E0E are still unavalible?

also anyone have a patch for fr2ch c roms? patch site i went to didn't list the game.

Just to clarify this for everyone: Both of those files are still private.

There is a samsho5 m1 file that is floating around with the CRC 49C9901A, but it is a FAKE. You can tell because it does not have the proper sha1 checksum as listed in Johnboy's DAT.

This is the info from the DAT for both of those files:

game (

name mslug5

description "Metal Slug 5"

romof neogeo

rom ( name 268-m1.bin size 524288 crc 0x4a5a6e0e sha1 0xdf0f660f2465e1db7be5adfcaf5e88ad61a74a42 )

)

game (

name samsho5

description "Samurai Shodown V / Samurai Spirits Zero (set 1)"

romof neogeo

rom ( name 270-m1.bin size 524288 crc 0x49c9901a sha1 0x2623e9765a0eba58fee2de72851e9dc502344a3d )

The fake samsho5 m1 has a sha1 of:

0x600e3d8f45358e4e52954d05c6750e431025debb

I got this info from some people over at Romshare forums. So those of you that think you have the samsho5 m1 probably just have the fake.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in any case, now that MAME has added the remaining Neo-Geo games I'm going to look into syncing up Pro's supported sets with those providing it all looks good.

EDIT: Just looking over the MAME sets. What the hell is up with some of their M ROMs? (mslug5's is 64Kb for heaven's sake).

If these are, as I suspect, nowhere near correct then I guess now's the time to ask the question; is it better for FBA-XXX Pro to use the ROMs that are more accurate or to keep in line with what is regarded as the standard for arcade ROMsets? :rolleyes:

Edited by + T +

Well in any case, now that MAME has added the remaining Neo-Geo games I'm going to look into syncing up Pro's supported sets with those providing it all looks good.

EDIT: Just looking over the MAME sets. What the hell is up with some of their M ROMs? (mslug5's is 64Kb for heaven's sake).

If these are, as I suspect, nowhere near correct then I guess now's the time to ask the question; is it better for FBA-XXX Pro to use the ROMs that are more accurate or to keep in line with what is regarded as the standard for arcade ROMsets?  :rolleyes:

I'd suggest syncing up all of the roms except the M roms.

Use what johnboy's dats suggest for those.

is it possible to burn fbaxx pro to dvdr... just wondering

i think it is some guy named kain is uploading this to newsgroups..

FBA-XXX (08/26/05) patched to FBA-XXX Pro (0.2.95.23) with complete romset

Tested on X-Box Version 1.0 with Xecuter3 modchip, & Samsung DVD Drive.

This is likely to be the ultimate FBA-XXX post for the X-Box. FBA-XXX appears to be abandoned as their

website is pretty much dead, so these should be the latest versions available. The romset is complete

except for a single M1 (sound rom) for Metal Slug 5 (268-m1.bin crc 4a5a6e0e). It is a private rom dump

that has not been released, so there's no chance of having a true complete romset at this time. The

missing M1 is not necessary to run the game as the emu uses the decrypted M1 which is included;

I've tested the game and it appears to run fine. I've tested many but by no means all of the games

included. See the docs folder for a list of which games do not work. I've tested this compilation

on both HDD and DVD+R DL media with the latter having significantly longer load times.

What's FBA-XXX Pro (0.2.95.23)?

Since this doesn't sound like it's the latest Pro build at all ("patched"?) I wouldn't be too quick to jump at it. Especially considering there will be several set updates and additions in the next build. :lol:

He also says he has a "list of games which do not work", well if he is using v1.01 then that list should only have two sets on it. :rolleyes:

is it possible to burn fbaxx pro to dvdr...

To answer this question, yes it is.

He also says he has a "list of games which do not work", well if he is using v1.01 then that list should only have two sets on it.  :rolleyes:

here is his list any ideal on how old this build is?

1944j

19xxj

avsph

armwara

armwar

batcira

csclubh

cybots

ddtoda

ddtodr1

ecofghta

getstar

gwinga

kof2003

kof2003a

mshb

msh

mshj

mshvsfa1

mshvsfa

mshvsfb1

mshvsfb

mshvsfh

mshvsfj2

mvsca

mvscb

mvsch

megamn2a

nwarrb

nwarrh

progeara

slapfigh

sfar2

sfa3b

and the list goes on

Edited by wemery73

What's FBA-XXX Pro (0.2.95.23)?

Since this doesn't sound like it's the latest Pro build at all ("patched"?) I wouldn't be too quick to jump at it. Especially considering there will be several set updates and additions in the next build.  :lol:

He also says he has a "list of games which do not work", well if he is using v1.01 then that list should only have two sets on it.  :rolleyes:

What two are you talking about? It looks like that guys listed all the non-working clones.

Anyway, that list looks fairly accurate, but I think kof2003a works now. But it still looks like he is using an old build.

For some reason I was just thinking NG games when I said only two. :rolleyes: The two in question being the PCB sets, svcchaos and kof2003 (or as they will be in the next build svcpcb/kf2k3pcb).

But to suggest this is the 'ultimate' FBA-XXX set is very misleading. It's going to be missing iq's fixes for a start.

Anyways, better leave it there, discussing ROM distribution is probably not a good direction in which to be taking this thread. :lol:

If any one is interested there is a nice collection including Fbaxxx 1.01 at *** right now. Great for someone just starting out. Im almost sure everything is here (have not check with RC yet) including clones for Cps1 2 and Neo. Worth a look best one i have seen(one on ******* was a mess) in a while, picked it up cause i was missing some. If you dont want all, use azureus to snag what you need. Also who ever released this is sure to be a regular on this forum. Thanks, you know who you are

NO ROM LINKS !!

Edited by Robert