IE 7 beta #2 available for download

Robert

Let the IE 7 vs the rest bout begin!

Credits: to a site I cannot name as it has roms.

The beta version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 is available to the general public starting today.

Microsoft hasn't changed much in this version of the browser since PC Worldcompared the first IE 7 beta to Mozilla's Firefox 1.5 Release Candidate 1 and Opera 9 Preview 1. But version 7 is a different beast entirely than the IE you are probably using today.

This new iteration of the world's dominant browser adds a number of features long since taken for granted by alternative-browser users, such as tabbed browsing, a toolbar-integrated search box, and limited RSS support. Version 7 also has a much more compact and streamlined interface than its predecessor, with a strong emphasis on dedicating as much of the window as possible to the displayed Web site. Also included are a number of security upgrades, like a new antiphishing filter.

To download IE 7, go here, but note that this beta of the browser is compatible only with Windows XP Service Pack 2. And keep in mind that, like any still-in-development version, this beta 2 release has bugs and rough edges. Some pages don't display properly, for instance, and the browser will crash more than you'd like.

more....

I'm tempted to try it based on what some people are saying regarding better CSS support, but apparently it's still not fully realised. Firefox it stays then :D

there is no harm in waiting for the official one...... the last time I use beta ver I got in too many trabule

And don't forget it's a _microsoft_ beta, I mean their finished products come with more bugs than would be welcome... imagine the horror of MS betas ;)

what's not worth trying is msn live messenger

i got an invite, so i said what the heck

It's crap.

the only two worthy additions are the offline messages (ala yahoo and icq) and time stamps (ala irc)

but the rest?

it SUCKS.

functionality is crap.

easiness of use has gone down majorly.

in fact, if it weren't for the fact that i know it'll flock up a million things to try to revert back to 7.5 i would go back in a heartbeat and once 8 became official, i'd quit msn completely.