Suggestions

captain_duck

Well, I don't know how difficult the following would be but if they were added to the next version I think it'd be great:

1- I've thought of this, but it's difficult for a number of reasons, including taking into account different resolutions people may be running at, and the fact that I've just about run out of backgrounds to use on the DS.

2- Not sure why you'd need this, and it doesn't seem like enough people would need it for me to put work into it.

3-Good point, this will be changed.

Well, I don't know how difficult the following would be but if they were added to the next version I think it'd be great:

1- I've thought of this, but it's difficult for a number of reasons, including taking into account different resolutions people may be running at, and the fact that I've just about run out of backgrounds to use on the DS.

2- Not sure why you'd need this, and it doesn't seem like enough people would need it for me to put work into it.

3-Good point, this will be changed.

Heh, I was hoping 2 would be a simple change so that it would be put in - though I can understand that it is not of too much use if it is too much work. I'll go ahead and reveal my plans for it though. I got interested in gps recently and was looking at all the different models - they are pretty expensive! However, of the cheapest are the usb gps... I figure the nice screens is where the price of the others come from. So, I got the idea to buy a cheap usb gps, then attach it to my laptop and put it in my car somewhere with the modded Nintendo wifi stick. Then, I could mount the ds in my car in front of me and have a nice gps via ds setup. The reason that the startup cooridinates would be useful to me is that having a bunch of separate components in my car would take a while to turn on, and configure, so I was working on having as few buttons to press to get started. Already I can have the server and the map program start automatically - but I'm unsure if I could get the map program to start in the same screen positions each time...unless it were maximized - in which case I could set the "startup" coordinates of the server to center my location.

Of course, another use would be more precise zoomed-in area targetting.

In any case, I'm glad at least one of my suggestions will have an impact :naughty: keep up the good work!

My suggestion?

This will be a pain in the @$$ to implement, but how about finding a way to use the Remote Desktop Protocol server located on Windows XP Pro and Server 2003 machines by default? The server is already refined (it breaks the screen into a series of images) and less bandwidth is used anyway because only a small portion of either screen would really refresh anyway. There might still be a need for another server app to refresh the other screen, though.

I highly recommend NOT getting started on this until you have lots of free time.

1 feature i would really like on top of any others is either the ability to choose which of my 2 monitors to view on the server OR the ability to switch between them on the ds.

also the fullscreen preview...the desktop icons are basically black. on pointyremote they show up better...dont know what the difference is but its nice to see the icons better.

those 2 things are my suggestions. this program is the best out there so far. with these, id like it even more! :banghead:

I think I'm a bit more "down to earth" when my suggestion consists in updating the program with stephen's new test lib, to enable WEP.

Would be down to earth if the lib was out. The 'test' is an application you can try to see what he has done, the library is, however, not done.

oh another suggestion tho u probably have already heard it... the ability to use WEP for routers. that way i wouldnt have to turn off security to use win2ds...but no rush obviously since u have to wait for the lib to come out..just thought id throw this in

Edited by joshr915

Mite seem obvious but no one seems to have mentioned it.. the possibility to save manually entered configuration.. because its a real pain having to type in the Ips by hand every time. Maybe a quick solution would be to hex edit the default values from the.nds file.. assuming its not compressed or relying on a certain crc?