2.6 cracked?

Robert

nevermind, it looks like they are all cracked now, go here and scroll down

http://pspupdates.qj.net/

Posting that isnt against the rules right? because i think they have a download to a loader there, but the loader isnt the illegal part or w/e its pirate games, I see this as the same for posting a homebrew bootdisc from DCEmulation, becuase thats basically what it is

nevermind, it looks like they are all cracked now, go here and scroll down

http://pspupdates.qj.net/

Posting that isnt against the rules right? because i think they have a download to a loader there, but the loader isnt the illegal part or w/e its pirate games, I see this as the same for posting a homebrew bootdisc from DCEmulation, becuase thats basically what it is

We used to have a psp exploit (loader if you will) available for download at one time. I don't see the problem with linking to another one. As long as it's not warez / commercial roms, it should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think they have emulated anything for firmware 2.6 but they sure as hell have a ton of stuff for all the other version maybe even 2.5. Right now i'm waiting for a downgrade so i can play the new psx emu for psp..i'm gonnah love playing Resident Evil on the go...muahaha

I wonder why some sort of modchip hasn't appeared on the scene? The firmware seems like it is full of holes which is why we have the constant battle between Sony and hackers... hackers find exploits and then Sony attemepts to fix them. Given that plus the fact that it's a Sony product you would think there must be some sort of hardware hacks that could be done. Then we could just be done with all this non-sense about firmware exploits, revisions, upgrading, downgrading, UMD emulators, ISO launchers, etc, etc...

So what do you guys think? Is the hardware simply harder to crack than the firmware? Or is it more along the lines of not being able to fit a chip inside or it being too difficult to install a chip thus making the potential market to small? IMO, any sort of chip, even if it had to be contained in a small case on the outside of the PSP, would be highly profitable... simply because a chip would likely allow people to no longer have to worry about their firmware version.

Edited by Thraxen